GM Mark of Excellence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...all this time I thought it was the "GM Mark of Excrement". I stayed pretty loyal to the General until the Govt. rescue. Since then, my family has bought a total of 9 Fords and been satisfied with every one.

Originally Posted By: jakewells
i only buy pre 1995 gm products to avoid headaches.
im been with my s10 for a good number of years its been reliable but the drive train is tired i wouldn't be afraid to go any where with it.

Don’t go to far back on pre-1995 gm vehicles. The 70’s were a disaster for all the domestic makers.

my s10 has the original paint, engine, transmission. i recently put a used steering column in it so i could have tilt wheel.
only thing major i done to it is replace the cam gears and the clutch.

I had an '88 S-10 2.5 four cylinder/five speed and it was the best vehicle I ever had. Kept it 9 years w/o anything but maintenance items. The original Delco battery even lasted 8 years.

My two biggest gripes against GM are that they don't make a real SUV smaller than a Tahoe. Wish they'd base a midsize SUV off of the Canyon/Colorado. You'd look pretty dumb showing up at an off road park in an Equinox or Terrain. If it could make it past the entrance...
And that they don't make a V8, RWD sedan besides the CTSV. Nothing in the 300/Charger realm now that the Chevy SS is departed. Otherwise, I think they make a quality product and would shop there for a truck or car before looking at anything Japanese or Ford (Ford for non auto reasons but I won't start).

Last edited:
I hated those GM emblems.

It was the decision of Rick Wagner, a fool, to place those emblems on every GM vehicle as a way to make the public aware who made it. Stupid idea and it was not the time to add cost to vehicles when we were bleeding cash. I still have the bad taste in my mouth as I ran the assembly line which had the operation that installed them. It was added work to a job that was already very busy and they just cost a stupid amount per piece. They sure looked nicely made and you saw them everywhere around the plant- on lockers, on doors, everywhere. I think for every logo on a truck we had 2 on somebody's personal items lol. I think they looked awful on vehicles - especially on the Corvettes where they were towards the rear of the car. I could not stand Rick Wagner and this was just a terrible and costly, dumb thing he rammed down our throats.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
My two biggest gripes against GM are that they don't make a real SUV smaller than a Tahoe. Wish they'd base a midsize SUV off of the Canyon/Colorado. You'd look pretty dumb showing up at an off road park in an Equinox or Terrain. If it could make it past the entrance...
And that they don't make a V8, RWD sedan besides the CTSV. Nothing in the 300/Charger realm now that the Chevy SS is departed. Otherwise, I think they make a quality product and would shop there for a truck or car before looking at anything Japanese or Ford (Ford for non auto reasons but I won't start).

There was chatter about returning with a more capable H3 … I’m in for that

You ever consider there might have been a " brother-in-law " deal going on some where in the shadows ?

As far as vehicles I have personally owned , I have purchased GM vehicles ( except for the Nissan Leaf ) since some times in the 1980's . Mostly used .

My wife drove 4 - 5 Chevy Luminas & we were pretty happy with them .

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper

They actually do make a Colo/Canyon-based SUV in Brazil, called the Trailblazer. They're considering bringing it up here. I think they should
smile.gif

Chevrolet-Trailblazer-Premiere-12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back