Bob Lutz, "Tesla is ‘Going Out of Business"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no vested interest either way in Tesla's success or failure, but to hear this coming from a former GM executive who was "in the midst" of the GM meltdown? Give me a break...

Lutz was brought in to improve GM's product offerings and there are a few notable GM products that he brought to production.
He was not one of the financial managers who rode GM into the ground.
He also had a long and distinguished career at Ford, including a number of years in Europe.
His observations of Tesla are no more than the obvious ones, though.
You don't need to be a genius nor even especially astute to observe that an airplane on its back trailing smoke and flame is crashing.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

You don't need to be a genius nor even especially astute to observe that an airplane on its back trailing smoke and flame is crashing.

Quite true.

Time will tell. Truthfully it doesn't matter to me one way or the other what happens to Tesla.

If they don't go out of business your grand or great grandkids will question why pop-pop didn't buy Tesla way back when they were just starting out.

What about all the orders for the new semi-truck? How are they going to fill those orders if they're out of business ?

I don't know about that. The Tesla developed 2170 battery is exactly what the electric car world needs. It contains no Earth shattering new battery technology. Instead, it's a well refined and up-sized version of the common 18650. Those details matter, immensely. As maximum current flow is doubled, energy capacity is increased by 50% and total cell count is reduced. Much of this is due to simple geometry. As the new 21mm x 70mm case contains 35%-50% more "battery" inside, while being only a few mm's larger outside. Internal heating is reduced, and lifespan is greatly increased.

We'll see.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Time will tell. Truthfully it doesn't matter to me one way or the other what happens to Tesla.

Amen! Could care less
smile.gif

I hope he's wrong and Tesla can pull through. Not a Tesla shill but would like to own an electric car like ones they offer someday.

Last edited:
In general , I wish companies in business to succeed .

But I have always gotten the impression their cars are WAY out of my price range . And I could care less about their performance / acceleration , I read about .

I know a little bit about electric cars after owing a used Nissan Leaf , until some one rear ended & totaled it .

If anyone would know it's a guy that worked for a company that made a business out of going out of business. I don't know... Tesla certainly has its problems but I'm not sure it's time to throw in the towel with them just yet. I wouldn't invest in them either.

He is a freaking fool... Elon is out there to kill the ICE and throw the mullahs into the Arabian sea.
Elon is half way there, once he gets to the trucks, the terrorist laced oil will be consumed much much less.
Well, TX will keep going, we have so many idiots out here on their trucks.

Tesla does seem to have more parallels with the 90's dot com bust than, than with Microsoft or Apple.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Tesla just purchased a company here in MN that specializes in manufacturing automation equipment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bizjour...perbix.amp.html

I wonder where Musk got the money for this?

Not sure. But I am quite sure he didn't borrow it from the government, then tell the American people that they had payed it back when in truth they were far, far, far from paying it all off.

Amazon did not make a profit for a long time either.

As long as you show growth people will keep investing in the company. Tesla is still showing improvement and growth so I don't think they will have a hard time raising more capital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back