Inside Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jakewells
where i live its either go to walmart or do with out.

There's nowhere else to buy oil at all, no dealer, no parts stores, no independents, and no petroleum distributors? Here, our retail pricing is fairly skewed except on sale, particularly at Walmart or Canadian Tire, but distributors have fairly decent pricing most times. Trucking shops here are usually good places to buy oil, even PCMO, since truckers won't be paying a bunch of markup on oil when they can buy in quantity at the distributor, not to mention get better pricing as a business.

Originally Posted By: Garak
where i live its either go to walmart or do with out.

There's nowhere else to buy oil at all, no dealer, no parts stores, no independents, and no petroleum distributors? Here, our retail pricing is fairly skewed except on sale, particularly at Walmart or Canadian Tire, but distributors have fairly decent pricing most times. Trucking shops here are usually good places to buy oil, even PCMO, since truckers won't be paying a bunch of markup on oil when they can buy in quantity at the distributor, not to mention get better pricing as a business.

we have a gas station that sells oil red flagged by PQIA and a dollar store which is usually out of oil.
walmart is 35 miles away and is the closest and it is near my work. all of the auto parts store charge a insane amount for house blend 10w30 or 5w30
so i usually only buy my oil from walmart or sometimes i catch a bargain at advance auto parts where i bought two cases of valvoline maxlife for 1.25 per quart.

we have a gas station that sells oil red flagged by PQIA and a dollar store which is usually out of oil.

Yes, that doesn't help at all. Parts stores here do okay if one gets a jobber price. Generally speaking here, Walmart is a place to avoid for oil if you have to pay regular price. Well, that applies to most places.
wink.gif

Had three vehicles with that motor … no issues and spirited for it’s day …

IIRC, some of Amsoil products are blends with either conventional
or group 111.

The $12 a quart is what keeps me away.

MLM is still going in some corners-Tupperware, Mary Kay,
and others.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
IIRC, some of Amsoil products are blends with either conventional
or group 111.

I'd like to know which ones. As far as I know they are all true synthetics and not Castrol Synthetics.
grin2.gif

As for MLM, I also buy protein shake mix from an MLM company because I enjoy the flavour, it's cheap per serving and happens to be all vegetarian. (Don't really care about this part).

For some time Amsoil and others have been a blend of base stocks for a better lubricant. I doubt any oil has a 100% PAO base.

Oh yeah the OE and XL ones... Who cares, most use SSO.

Thanks for posting though QP
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC

With your marketing buy-in regarding synthetics, I thought maybe you were a dealer. But since you didn't know about OE and XL I guess not
wink.gif

Most use SSO? Do you have access to Amsoil's sales figures by product line?
smile.gif

Pablo can confirm I'm not a dealer I asked him what the difference would be between that and my preferred customer membership though. (Because I want it as cheap as possible). You can also ask other members on here that have met me in real life. Just love the product is all.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Most use SSO? Do you have access to Amsoil's sales figures by product line?
smile.gif

XL and OE weren't offered until about 10+ years ago or less and it was to satisfy warranty concerns. Their ATM line was the offering and then they came out with SSO and most switched over to that. I get the magazine to my house every month with this sort of information in it as a preferred customer. It's called the Amsoil News Stand.

Last edited:
I get the magazine to my house every month with this sort of information in it as a preferred customer.

You mean sales figures information? Can you share?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I get the magazine to my house every month with this sort of information in it as a preferred customer.

You mean sales figures information? Can you share?

Somehow I think you'll have to use your imagination on this one.

Really QP, like a private company would publish that... C'mon. They have however shown graphs of which product is more popular.

Don't take my word for it ask one of the Amsoil site sponsors...

Furthermore would you be giving me this much of a hard time if I was talking about M1 products in the same manner? Would you be accusing me of working for XOM?

How about you go play in another thread...

Furthermore would you be giving me this much of a hard time if I was talking about M1 products in the same manner? Would you be accusing me of working for XOM?

Where have I accused you of working for Amsoil???

You have the right to make bold statements, and I have the right to ask for some evidence.

You were the one who stated "who cares about XL and OE." My suspicion is that quite a few people do, otherwise Amsoil would not be continuing to sell these products.

Quote:
How about you go play in another thread...

If you don't want people to respond to your threads on a public forum, I suggest you open up your own private one and post there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back