2002 Ford Ranger 3.0 Auto Trans ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m coming up with filter kits for:

“Transmission Code: A4LD, A4LDE, 4R44E, 5R55E”; and “Shallow pan, Deep pan”.

It is a 2 wheel drive and a 5 speed auto (5R55E right?) any way to verify by the door trans code?

(the truck isn’t here, trying to gather parts.)

That is what I was thinking...

It may not be the FT133, seems like I have to count the pan bolts 14, or 18.

Guess I will go to the Dealer, not thrilled with the selection at the parts stores anyway...

I’m so confused...

The ranger forums are saying the 5R55E is a 4.0 only trans and the 4 and 3.0 Rangers with a 5 speed had a 5R44E which doesn’t even seem to be an option for filter kits...

Guess I better just go put my hands on the truck...
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
A VIN or trans tag will tell a parts person what it takes. VIN is better because I could pull up the build sheet to know for sure.

Thanks man.

The trans code on the door tag is “D”. It has 18 pan bolts.

I can’t really read the trans tag, it looks like it says 4L5E AA, it has a paper tag on the bell housing says 921 Ranger 3.0 AA...

I’ll take the VIN to Ford in the morning.

5R44E

Is what the dealer computer says it is.

I find it somewhat surprising, given the number of these things out there (it is getting up there in age though) that the dealer had virtually nothing in stock for it, fortunately he will have it all about lunch time.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
5R44E

I find it somewhat surprising, given the number of these things out there (it is getting up there in age though) that the dealer had virtually nothing in stock for it, fortunately he will have it all about lunch time.

I don't stock it either. We sell very few trans filters and when we do it is usually for a repair in the shop where other hard parts have to be ordered.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
5R44E

I don't stock it either. We sell very few trans filters and when we do it is usually for a repair in the shop where other hard parts have to be ordered.

Apparently no one stocks it, he ended up having to get it from the warehouse. I guess no one changes them anymore with the flush machines out there...

OK, so actually he did have it all along because after I waited for the wrong one (FT134) and it did not fit he had the right one in stock (FT133)...
mad.gif
He actually said it listed 3, but the 133 worked...

But it is done now.

I like the Ford pan gasket and I’ll know for next time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back