Watching tv last night and saw this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says it is 350w, so it's like 6 60w light bulbs.

A hair dryer certainly puts out 3-4x as much heat. A toaster 2-4x as much...

A small cheap electric heater without the cord. Looks like it takes up both outlets while only using one. All electric heaters are %100 efficient. No advantage to this one. 350watts is to small for most heating tasks. I would pass on this.

It might "heat" a 16x16 room as they suggest....but, only if the room is fully enclosed, carpeted, doors all shut, and walls well insulated....and dependent on outside temps. If it's 55 degF outside...no problem. 15 deg? Not so easy.

I use a 1500 watt heater at times in my 25x12 ft garage which has 3 walls to the outside world. It will bring temps up to 60-65 deg when outside temps are in the 20's.

pretty much useless.
i have a similar heater thats 1500 watts it will do a small room, and it it takes awhile to do it, can't see 350 watts as being anything but a waste of money and energy.

I use a small heater like that to heat the water softener area when it goes below 34F. It's semi enclosed with the water heater pipes too. But it's a small area that is usually above freezing and the heater is only for severe cold and wind. I have never know it to come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back