Miles, miles and more miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CR94

WOW!
crazy2.gif

Well since I don't usually buy anything with less than 100,000 - most all of my stuff is over 200,000 at some point ...

Past - Volvo Turbo (242T) 283K, BMW 528e 218K, VW Sirocco Wolfsburg 288K, many Ford Pick-ups ?? (some went over 400K with engine changes), 66 Chevelle 205K, Audi Fox 222K, Hudson Hornet 215K, Merc S-55 201K, a slew of Ford Ranch Wagons ?? How far back do you want to go ...

None of my VW Beetles went over 200K before they were sold.

Current - only the Big Bronco 219K and counting
smile.gif
All the rest are low mileage (188, 145, 87).

Last edited:
My son abused a Pontiac Vibe for 13 years and nothing would break on that thing until the front end finally wore out …
The estimate was = to value … it still ran good …

Originally Posted By: harry j
1993 Civic 484,000 miles.

There ya go harryj !!!

And if you guys don't know... Harryj has some tremendously well done UOAs documented on this car as well. One of the very best car case studies on this here site. Check it out.

Last edited:
1998 Toyota Camry V6

Owned since new and has always had synthetic oil at 3-5k intervals. Sold the car to a friend at about 190k or so many years ago. Been servicing it on and off with random oil. He takes it to fast lube for conventional oil at 5-10k intervals because he forgets.

No issues. Original engine and drivetrain. Two timing belt changes, alternator, starter, battery, brakes, couple Mobil 1 Synethetic transmission fluid changes since new and that's pretty much it. Flawless operation. Ice Cold AC.

Ooooh, oooooh, got one. Wasn’t even thinking. My daughter drives it but it was actually given to me and is titled in my name. 1996 Mercury Villager, 3.0 V6. Original engine and transmission, no major repairs. Most of its life oil changes were Havoline and Fram filters (OCD). Timing belt was changed once. Needs it again but will have to wait till a family member can do the labor. Interior is immaculate, but no way i am spending $500 for a timing blt replacement.

Originally Posted By: otis24
Ooooh, oooooh, got one. Wasn’t even thinking. My daughter drives it but it was actually given to me and is titled in my name. 1996 Mercury Villager, 3.0 V6. Original engine and transmission, no major repairs. Most of its life oil changes were Havoline and Fram filters (OCD). Timing belt was changed once. Needs it again but will have to wait till a family member can do the labor. Interior is immaculate, but no way i am spending $500 for a timing blt replacement.
And the mileage?
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back