New Idemitsu Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innovative products, I like the moly loaded one in particular. Competitors will have to up their game to match these offerings.

Why worry about a temp the oil only sees in passing on warm up and cool down? The 100C temp of 8.3 compares to M1 at 8.7, not a big difference in my NSHO. I would buy and use Idemitsu oil without reservation.

I find it most interesting that Idem recommends this 0W-20 for ALL SN requirements, apparently without respect to manufacturer’s oil weight specs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Why worry about a temp the oil only sees in passing on warm up and cool down? The 100C temp of 8.3 compares to M1 at 8.7, not a big difference in my NSHO. I would buy and use Idemitsu oil without reservation.

I find it most interesting that Idem recommends this 0W-20 for ALL SN requirements, apparently without respect to manufacturer’s oil weight specs.

Who is worrying?

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: Indydriver

Who is worrying?

Unicorn brew for me since I am not in ultra-snow-belt arenas. I got 38 bottles of the goo on markdown fam.

Last edited:
From what I am seeing, the Zepro with Advanced Moly is not d1g2 approved. The regular Zepro Eco Medalist is. Something to consider if the gen2 spec is important to you.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
What is so attractive about the boutique oils? Pennzoil or Mobil, that's all you need

For professional installers, Idemitsu products are a lot cheaper than Mobil or Pennzoil when purchased from wholesalers like WorldPac or IMC.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Competitors will have to up their game to match these offerings.

If you can't find them on the shelf, there isn't much competition, unfortunately. Shell has more internal competition in North America than Idemitsu brings them.

As for factory fill for Nissan, I'm not so sure how that's going. Castrol has been pushing, and I'm not sure how it's turned out yet, to be service and factory fill across the entire Renault Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back