Tesla Roadster ~ vs ~ Bugatti Chiron

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one on the left is still a fantasy. The one on the right will actually exist. Bugatti produces and sells vehicles. Tesla contributes to greenhouse gasses by continually promising things that are never to be.

If I had the money I would not buy either. If someone is giving me one I will take the Bugatti.

Don't want either one (except to sell ...). Could not get either around my driveway w/o high centering
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Don't want either one (except to sell ...). Could not get either around my driveway w/o high centering
laugh.gif

I'm with you, these ultralow vehicles would be completely useless where I live. I got a big rock trying to push up through my asphalt that would probably stop them both dead in their tracks, not even thinking about the roads around here.
I guess I would sell the Bugatti if I won one and buy a bigger house with a flatter driveway. ;^)

Originally Posted By: Garak
The one on the left is still a fantasy. The one on the right will actually exist. Bugatti produces and sells vehicles. Tesla contributes to greenhouse gasses by continually promising things that are never to be.

I understand why you say that, but it really isn't true.

Tesla has successfully launched and sold three models, the original Roadster, now discontinued, the Model S, and the Model X. The Model 3 is definitely delayed, but based upon the success of the Model S and Model X, there is no reason to think that the Model 3 won't be into production by late winter to early spring.

For all practical purposes, ownership of a Chiron is a fantasy to 99.9992% of the registered drivers in the entire world. And that's allowing for each Chiron to be owned by 5 different drivers within our lifetime. I would put money down that I will get a chance to drive one of the new Tesla Roadsters. Not so with the Chiron.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that Musk has always delivered on the promised range of all his cars. Heck, he has beaten his promises on range.

Now if he could just do that on launch and production dates.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
I understand why you say that, but it really isn't true.

From what I've read, the Chiron has actually physically existed, and is in the process of being produced to be delivered, with all copies sold before production. I'm not saying that Tesla has never made a vehicle. But, they rely way more on promises than actual delivery.

Of course, the Chiron is exceedingly limited production. Most of us will never see one, much less drive or own one. But, there are other precedents for that. Heck, there were plenty of very limited production run supercars based upon homologation rules in certain racing series. However, they did exist.

The $200,000 price tag seems very attractive. But, I can spend roughly that much cash on a fairly exclusive high end sports car and actually get it this week, or even today, rather than some nebulous date in the future.

Keep in mind that Musk has always delivered on the promised range of all his cars. Heck, he has beaten his promises on range.

He has to wait for technology to catch up to his mouth.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

He has to wait for technology to catch up to his mouth.
wink.gif

So true. And I've got to admire a man that is willing to make that happen.

The Chiron is WAY cooler than any overhyped electric car. A Hand built W16 which my dad says is "Just two W8's" thrown together. Anyhow. The woosh of the turbo's and click of the transmission, it's very mechanical. None of the goofy self-opening doors and other UN-necessary stuff Tesla throws into their vehicles, including the dry humor of ludicrous speed etc. The electric car has no soul, and is boring no matter how fast tesla claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back