Mix and send it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished my oil change on the Corolla and f150. I was cleaning up storage and poured all the partially full bottles into 2 5qt jugs. I have maxlife blend and magnatec in one full 5qt at 50/50. In the other I have rotella t and milesyn blend at 45/55. All are 5w30 minus the rotella at 15w40. Can I use this in the f150 for the next oci for 5k with a mc 820s? I'll use it all since my truck takes 7qts.

Can you? Sure, who's going to stop you?

Should you? Nobody knows.

Last edited:
For best results spin on a OCOD Fram Filter or Tearolator filter.
lol.gif

It will be fine...

Originally Posted By: StevieC
For best results spin on a OCOD Fram Filter or Tearolator filter.
lol.gif

It will be fine...

I did lol mc 820s

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Don't use that blue stuff in the upper right!
crazy.gif

I've had that carwash for about 8 months now. Only use it for the bike lol

We did this all the time in a service station I worked at back in the day. All the customer qt's (last bit from "empty") went into a tip funnel in a big 5 gal bucket. That oil was used in the service truck, the owners cars and trucks, our stuff, etc. Never had an engine problem and the service truck had over 100K on that mixology since new
smile.gif

I'd do it in heart beat. Reduce stash and then get new stock in a more organized fashion
smile.gif

Last edited:
We had a post about an "oil extender" additive concentrate recently. Much howled derision from the LAUGH OUT LOUD CROWD, then more considered objections from the cognoscienti, that you wouldn't know that the amounts and ratios would be compatible.

The overwhelming consensus there was that it was a no-no.

The overwhelming consensus here is that its fine, no possibility of a problem.

It probably is fine

Yet as far as I can tell its pretty much the same situation. Truly there is nowt so [censored] strange as folk.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ducked
We had a post about an "oil extender" additive concentrate recently. Much howled derision from the LAUGH OUT LOUD CROWD, then more considered objections from the cognoscienti, that you wouldn't know that the amounts and ratios would be compatible.

It probably is fine

Yet as far as I can tell its pretty much the same situation. Truly there is nowt so [censored] strange as folk.

Was it considered a no no because of ad clashing?

There are two issues I see here. As has been mentioned several other times, there's no guarantee of cold weather performance, though that's not a concern for many situations. If one is looking to do trended UOAs, this certainly throws everything into the garbage.

Originally Posted By: Garak

There are two issues I see here. As has been mentioned several other times, there's no guarantee of cold weather performance, though that's not a concern for many situations. If one is looking to do trended UOAs, this certainly throws everything into the garbage.

Im in west Tx, what is this 'cold' you speak of?
I haven't been documenting UOA's in this truck in a while, so I think I'm good there!

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE

It probably is fine

Was it considered a no no because of ad clashing?

Believe so.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4574455/1

The primary problem many of us perceived wasn't with the add pack per se but with the VIIs.
It is possible to get an unintended interaction of VIIs and end up with a much thicker blend of oils than what one would have expected.
While there is some documented lab work showing that this can happen, and it has happened in actual engines, it may no longer be of any concern and was apparently quite rare anyway.
In the OP's case, I'd say go ahead and run this mix for 5K.
This is a perfectly reasonable way of getting rid of leftover odds and ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back