Want to start a Pita business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like the title states, I always want pita type sandwiches and feel this business is under served everywhere. (So you could start one in your part or neck of the woods) Anyone have any Pita Pits where you live or similar business. I wish there was a mcdonalds of the pita sandwiches type franchises.

Last edited:
I know the guy who owns all the Pita Pit restaurants in my area. One of them is on a college campus and is open until 4AM and does well.

I like pitas.. wouldn't mind having that as an option in more places. I think Arby's has started selling pitas regularly, so that's always an option.

What if people don’t want a pita, but rather a submarine or a regular slice of bread on their sandwich? Would they have to go elsewhere?

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
What if people don’t want a pita, but rather a submarine or a regular slice of bread on their sandwich? Would they have to go elsewhere?

Why would you come to a pita place if you did not want a pita?

I worked in quick serve restaurants as a manager / area manager for a good long time. The key is cleanliness, service and value.

Customers want clean places to eat with clean washrooms. This shows your kitchen is clean.

Service that is speedy and with a smile.

Value. A delicious, generous portion for the money paid. Give them a reason to spend their hard earned cash at your place, a reason why you are better than the rest. Remember their money paid to you is your reward for giving them what they want. It must be earned.

Find your competition and sit in the parking lot and traffic count, then go in and order and see what the price point is, what product you get and what improvements can be made. Don't be afraid to loiter for hours at your various competition to see what they do best and what they don't. Also look at the type of area they are in are there other restaurants, is it a commercial/industrial or residential area? Take your time and do the research.
wink.gif

It's not rocket science but so many restaurant start-up's fail this miserably.

We started a new restaurant and sold it for double what we paid for it 2 years later in an area where most other restaurants failed. I went on to help many restaurant owners to be just as successful. Well the ones that listened anyway.
grin2.gif

Good Luck!

Last edited:
There's a pita corner place here that's awful. Takes forever, they never have falafel and they give you way too much and charge too much.

Rather go to a real Greek restaurant, which we have and is excellent.

Pita businesses are pretty common around me and one in a local mall failed spectacularly. People tend to associate pitas with healthier eating and this one had options that were much better for you than the crud at the other fast food places in the court, but they were also a lot more expensive due to the fresh produce and such involved in making such pitas. I think most people looked at getting a burger or whatever for $5 and a pita for $10 and went the cheaper way for the most part. Maybe a location without super cheap less healthy alternatives 20 feet away might have had a better chance? I ate there once or twice and it was fine, but maybe their produce was not always super fresh or something like that...I felt that they should have offered more "ethnic" options to differentiate themselves from their neighbors, too.
Speaking of location, there are always those that just don't work and end up hosting a new restaurant every year or two until they are finally abandoned. Don't be seduced by a location featuring a fully equipped kitchen already, that could be a sign that it is a place that just does not work for customers and ends up changing hands nonstop.

Last edited:
I went to this pita place a few years ago that had good reviews and a few loctions. Order the food, kind of expensive for the portion amounts, quality was decent. But the thing that got me was I could hear some of the workers arguing with eachother. Plus it was in a different language. So eating the meal feeling all this tension going on. Never went back and that location went out of business. Probably arguing about giving me too much of a portion. I think it was a family run affair but didn't like that aruging part.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I went to this pita place a few years ago that had good reviews and a few loctions. Order the food, kind of expensive for the portion amounts, quality was decent. But the thing that got me was I could hear some of the workers arguing with eachother. Plus it was in a different language. So eating the meal feeling all this tension going on. Never went back and that location went out of business. Probably arguing about giving me too much of a portion. I think it was a family run affair but didn't like that aruging part.

Are you sure they were arguing?

Some immigrants talk loud and it sounds like they are upset and arguing...

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Most new startups are a pita!

so are any new jobs, your lack of a point is what is feudal. I hear what others are saying about family businesses but I for one plan on being successful and if I have to go solo dolo, I will.

Last edited:
I need to get a Pita Pit franchise, about 300k, and run the [censored] out of it at a good location. Or how about a Post Office type, analogous to a UPS store?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Pretty sure, I think it was between a brother and sister. It seemed heated and I was happy to get out of there in one piece.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Pretty sure, I think it was between a brother and sister. It seemed heated and I was happy to get out of there in one piece.

It won't matter much for me cause I plan on having a busy drive-thru business, thriving business. And you gotta remember, I have to eat 3 times a day too. Pita is something you can incorporate in breakfast as well as lunch/diner. With a salad. and how about somoe pies for dessert?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back