NASCAR Miami Homestead race day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be pulling for the 18 car this race could be the best race of the year and get wild. Happy NASCAR and Goodyear allowed an additional set of tires still gonna have to manage them well. 20 car is fast also be cool to see him go back to back to finish his career.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pulling for Keselowski but the overall performance of the 18, 78 and 4 cars have been better so he'll probably need some race circumstances to go his way, we'll see what happens it will either be boring or spectacular
07.gif

TOTO.

Are they still doing the stupid “stages” even though they don’t mean anything anymore? I don’t really have a dog in this hunt but I’ll pull for Truex to win his first title. He’s earned it already but for NASCAR’s dumb “playoff” format. The Xfinity race was good so maybe this one will be too. Plus, the Colts have a bye week-as if one needs a reason not to watch.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Why do they call it Miami when the track is 20 miles away in Homestead ?

This is Dale Jr's very last race.

Same as Charlotte Speedway which is about same distance and located in Concord NC.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Are they still doing the stupid “stages” even though they don’t mean anything anymore?

Stupid "stage racing" is what has turned me off to NASCAR entirely. If they bring it back next year, I won't watch a race. As if there isn't enough yellow flags already.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Are they still doing the stupid “stages” even though they don’t mean anything anymore? I don’t really have a dog in this hunt but I’ll pull for Truex to win his first title. He’s earned it already but for NASCAR’s dumb “playoff” format. The Xfinity race was good so maybe this one will be too. Plus, the Colts have a bye week-as if one needs a reason not to watch.

I'm pulling for Truex as well. I like to see the little guy/underdog win.

To quote Dale Jarrett: "Good things happen to good people".
Pulling hard for Martin Truex to win his first championship. Don't forget that Eric Jones can also win Rookie of the Year. That'd be TWO for the small team from Denver!

If your selling tickets or promoting the term Miami is more attractive than Homestead.

I believe Dale Jr has a sponsorship commitment for one Xfinity race in 2018 that he can't get out of, he is not sure who he will drive for as JR Motor sports has all 4 teams with sponsorship and drivers.
TOTO.

Originally Posted By: Toto

If your selling tickets or promoting the term Miami is more attractive than Homestead.

I believe Dale Jr has a sponsorship commitment for one Xfinity race in 2018 that he can't get out of, he is not sure who he will drive for as JR Motor sports has all 4 teams with sponsorship and drivers.
TOTO.

He can drive the All Star Car. The 4 car rule only applies to Cup. Both JRM and RCR had 5 cars on track in xFinity at some races this year.

JRM had the 1,5,7,9,88 RCR had 2,3,21,33,62

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: Toto

TOTO.

He can drive the All Star Car. The 4 car rule only applies to Cup. Both JRM and RCR had 5 cars on track in xFinity at some races this year.

JRM had the 1,5,7,9,88 RCR had 2,3,21,33,62

There is no All Star Car in 2018 all four teams have full time drivers, yes your correct they can have a fifth car but Dale Jr does not like that idea as it could detract the performance of the other teams who's sponsor expect total commitment.
TOTO.

The whole leadup to this is fascinating. Do you go with a setup and equipment that are reliable but maybe not quite as fast or do you try something that may give a bit more speed but has questionable reliability? Sounds like the 78 is having some brake issues and the 18 might have had a loose wheel on a pitstop.

Fastest guy all year won the Monster cup the way it should be great year for them.

Terrible. Hate Truex. This is an excellent example of equipment winning a championship. 4 wins in 11 years in the cup series in average equipment and then as soon as furniture row partners with Gibbs he wins 8 races in a season.

I'd probably like him better if cole pearn wasn't an awful person and such a poor sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back