Engine Mounts 02 Honda Accord V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay... I have over 230K miles on my Honda Accord and I changed the TOP Passenger side Motor Mount.. Actually I'm on my 2nd.
Now I changed the 2 Automatic Transmission Mounts...

Now here is where Im confused.. I have read that the REAR Mount has OIL in it..
Also I can see that the front mount has a hose running to it.. Now on some sites like AMAZON they say its Vacuum hose
and others they say its Hydraulic Mount..

So again I replaced the 2 AT Trans Mounts and the TOP Passenger Side Top Mount.. ** TORQUE STRUT **

It says this on some sites like AAP

Product Application

2002 Honda Accord V6

Front; Front; Denotes Hydraulic Mount

2002 Honda Accord V6

Rear; Rear; Denotes Hydraulic Mount

I read this on a site

We offer it both ways as the vacuum is only activated under a fail safe low idle condition and very few vehicles actually need it. When the vehicle is at normal idle or above the vacuum does not even come into play. For that reason if your vehicle has a normal idle you can install a mount without the vacuum line and just plug off the tube on the engine side. For your information - it is not a seal of any kind, the vacuum just controls the stiffness of the mount below normal idle.

Then I read how people say you can get with or without the Vacuum.. like above..
However I like it to be Exact OE...

I'm totally confused

Look at AMAZON

n3674n.jpg

1seg0l.jpg

260ydeu.jpg

uu34g.jpg

2mpift3.jpg

So Now Im do not know if the front is Vacuum even though I can clearly see a Hose when i pop my hood and look at the
mount and see a what I think is a vacuum hose connected to the mount..
However the Rear mount I do not see a Hose.. Now 1 person told me that Hydraulic oil is inside the mount... However the
picture clearly shows a Line / hose.. So Im very confused

Anyone else run into this problem..

??????????????

Any Info would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:
They are both vacuum operated and contain oil in them. All the vacuum does is alter the stiffness of the mount slightly. There's really not much difference in them. I've got 2 J3X engine cars, one with and one without vacuum mounts and you really can't tell much difference between them. Just make sure if you replace a vacuum mount with a non-vacuum mount that you cap off the line as then you'll have an intake leak.

Also, if you're not going to spend money for OEM mounts, I highly doubt that they work much differently at all. I can't imagine China put a lot of engineering into their knockoffs. "That looks about right" is probably what you're getting. I just picked some of the cheapest ones on Ebay and rolled with it, even on my TL-S. The J-Series motors are so smooth it doesn't matter much.

The biggest favor you can do for yourself today is pay a bit more money and order OE mounts from an online dealer. Aftermarket mounts will haunt you until you break down and redo the job and put OE ones in.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The biggest favor you can do for yourself today is pay a bit more money and order OE mounts from an online dealer. Aftermarket mounts will haunt you until you break down and redo the job and put OE ones in.

A few more buck for this is worth it.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Honda brand mounts also fail frequently in my experience in Honda Acura V6. Maybe not failing as often as aftermarket. Especially that hard to get to rear mount. There seems no way to get durable Honda engine mounts for this year Honda.

That's true enough but good lord I have seen some aftermarket junk not last a hundred miles, literally. I do run into OE that have gone 100K. No brainer IMO I don't like doing the job multiple times, that gets old fast.

The most common mounts to fail on the J-Series is the Pass side and the front. Usually the rear is still in pretty good shape so long as you've kept up with those two. As far as OEM or not....meh, its a [censored] shoot, I don't particularly think the pass side lasts any longer either way. FWIW I got more miles out of the front mount on an 03 Accord than I did on my 08 TL-S. Granted, they're the same(ish) mounts and the TL-S has another 40hp on the Accord so you would expect the mounts to take more abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back