New 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought one for the wife to replace her 2005 Ford Focus. Base model 2wd w/alloy wheels. Silver/blk interior. Except for the back-up camera nothing overly technical. Basic car. I/we like simply. When the sales person brought the car out, I was astonished how good it looked both inside and out. I didn't realize it was completely different from the regular Rogue. Elsewhere around the world it's called "Qashqai." These are selling for just under $18K. Very comfortable ride and great seats. Excellent visability out. Engine has enough power IMO. Never owned a CVT transmission. Seems perfect for the car. Made in Japan. Keep on top of maintaince (especially the CVT fluid) and I think this will be one really nice car for a very long time. Could not be more pleased w/purchase. By all means check this out if you're in the market for a new car.
smile.gif

The 2017 has the upgraded interior. I drove a 15 and a 16 after driving a 17.
You just can't go back; the 17 has such great seats, especially compared with the others.
You will love the Rogue.

The Nissan Qashqai is a very popular model everywhere in the world where it is sold. Now in the US but with the less exciting name Rogue Sport. Nissan has really improved their cvt transmissions since their big problems several years ago. Made in Japan means excellent build quality and fit and finish.

Congrats on your new crossover.

I've never driven a Nissan, I always hear their seats are very comfortable.

I'm still too scared of the CVT in them.

Congrats on the purchase!

I'm scared of CVT's because I like to get maximum mileage out of my vehicles with minimum costs as I drive a lot of miles for work and I don't think CVT's are there yet. Keep us posted.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
I have not heard of any trouble with the Mitsubishi having any trouble with their cvt trannies
talked to serval people who own the outlander and they love them.thinking of trading my
santafe sport for one.although I never had any trouble with my hyundais.
I just don't know.

Originally Posted By: ernied
I have not heard of any trouble with the Mitsubishi having any trouble with their cvt trannies
talked to serval people who own the outlander and they love them.thinking of trading my
santafe sport for one.although I never had any trouble with my hyundais.
I just don't know.

Mistu is scoring lower on reliability than Hyundai...
wink.gif

I realize this is JD and I don't trust them but they are the only ones with a chart that I can find at the moment and it's pretty close to information I have read prior.

Power%202017%20reliability%20chart.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, under 18K New. I found it hard to believe as well. What I really like about the price is that I/we didn't have to be a (1) Uber driver, (2) have a flood damaged vechicle, (3) be a newly graduated student, (4) First responder, nor (5) Boy scout to get this price. Wonderful. Look on-line and you should find one for this price. Purchased for price of $17,680. Inc. freight but not administration fee of $647. 2.9% fin. @ 60 mo. through CU. I told the wife, this is her chance to get a new car as anything more could not comfortably afford. She really, really likes this car! Sharp looking car. Plenty of storage space as well. Be aware the back seats do not recline. Not a deal breaker. Some may even prefer it this way. As far as the CVT transmission, I really think if you keep the fluid fresh and change early and often (as every 25-30K), I foresee no problems. Hopefully. Oil/Filter changes super easy. I'll be doing all the maintenance. Nissan recommends 6mo./7500 mi oil/filter. Every 2 yr. brake fluid changes. (Really? on the brake fluid) Overall, I really nice car for a great price IMO.

These are nice looking little machines and you certainly got a good price on it. The interiors do look good.
May you enjoy many happy years and miles with this Nissan.

Originally Posted By: sparky123
Yes, under 18K New. I found it hard to believe as well. What I really like about the price is that I/we didn't have to be a (1) Uber driver, (2) have a flood damaged vechicle, (3) be a newly graduated student, (4) First responder, nor (5) Boy scout to get this price. Wonderful. Look on-line and you should find one for this price. Purchased for price of $17,680. Inc. freight but not administration fee of $647. 2.9% fin. @ 60 mo. through CU. I told the wife, this is her chance to get a new car as anything more could not comfortably afford. She really, really likes this car! Sharp looking car. Plenty of storage space as well. Be aware the back seats do not recline. Not a deal breaker. Some may even prefer it this way. As far as the CVT transmission, I really think if you keep the fluid fresh and change early and often (as every 25-30K), I foresee no problems. Hopefully. Oil/Filter changes super easy. I'll be doing all the maintenance. Nissan recommends 6mo./7500 mi oil/filter. Every 2 yr. brake fluid changes. (Really? on the brake fluid) Overall, I really nice car for a great price IMO.

That's fantastic! I'm not doubting the price you got, I'm just curious.

The MSRP I'm seeing for a 2017 Rogue Sport "S" model FWD, which I believe is the cheapest, most basic Rogue you can get is $21420. Getting ~$3700 off MSRP is REALLY good with no incentives or rebates involved for something base model in this price range. Especially with the popularity of the Rogue. Then again, I haven't bought a brand-new Nissan since 2001. What the heck are base model Sentras or Versas going for? $9500?

You will get a lot of enjoyment from your Rogue, my Wife absolutely loves them. We started leasing them in 2009 and when we turned in the 2014 we ended up buying a 2016. We just placed an order for a 2018 SL Platinum with ProPilot to replace it. We took a look at the Sport but ultimately decided to get another regular Rogue because of the added cargo room and the ProPilot technology seems cool. The "Zero Gravity" seats are fantastic and I really like the styling of the new Rogue and Sport. I walk away with 2 minor gripes about the Rogue Lineup, I really wish there was an upgraded motor, perhaps a turbocharged version. The Rogues perform adequately but a little extra power would be excellent. The thing I found odd about the Sport was the fact that dark tint rear glass is not offered at any trim level. Pretty much every SUV has dark tint glass available from the factory, I think it would really enhance the look of the Sport and make it even sportier in appearance.

Geez, I didn't realize until this thread that the Rogue sport is a completely different vehicle than the 'regular' Rogue! Why not I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back