Battery Brand Manufacteurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings All-

perhaps this question has been asked/answered already, but does anyone know who makes the Pep Boys Bosch and the Walmart Everstart Maxx batteries (both the lead acid and AGM versions)? I searched and can't find this info. Need size 94R/H7.

What shape are the vents? What is the date code like, JCI uses little round stickers.

i have bosch that is an exide.
this varies by region.
saves shipping the heavy things any further than necessary.

I bought a Champion battery at PeP Boys and it says distributed by Johnson Controls.
Does that mean they don't really make them?

nope.
they are supplied by the lowest cost delivered mfr.
buy enough and any mfr slaps your sticker on them at the end of the assembly line.

Yes sir you are correct. The Everstart batteries in my Wally World are clearly made by East Penn. The exact same case as the battery made by East Penn.

Last edited:
The Bosch-branded batteries at Pep Boys were switched from JCI to Exide in 2008.

Instead of the simple round colored date stickers that JCI prefers, Exide uses larger black and white stickers that say "Shipped month / year" and have additional warning text. Also seen on the Exide-branded batteries at Home Despot. They look like the one on this page.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Take a picture and we can ID. As stated it varies by region. Whoever is closer manufacturer for most chain stores I believe.

Thanks All-

Deka factory is 56 miles away from the my nearest Walmart and Pep Boys. So I guess the batteries are by Deka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back