somewhere in Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link.

I use to live near Athens at Mavromichali 20 in Filothei and we used to spend a lot of time driving around starting with going up to Kifisia. It was in the 70's when things were a lot better.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
It was in the 70's when things were a lot better.

It's not that bad , even now. Ancient Greeks used to say "Every bad situation has some good aspect to it" . If the cost of living hadn't dropped considerably i wouldn't be able to semi-retire at the age of 46. As long as BP keeps paying that hefty dividend i will be fine.
On the other hand , to repay the IMF and EU loans , they doubled the energy bills and the corporate taxation. They lowered the wages and doubled the taxes , that's completely wrong. The economy will take forever to recover.

Unbelievably awesome. Want to tour all of that on my Moto Guzzi...
cool.gif

As an economic policy in an economy in need of fiscal stimulus, austerity is completely wrong.
Shame Greece didn't keep its own currency rather than becoming enslaved to the Euro.

My boss is from Rhodes, came over here in his late teens. He is almost 65 now. He enjoys going back to visit but said he would never go back there to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back