High mileage 2015 Honda Civic CVT Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
130,000 miles and its changed every 20k. Going back to Wyoming,should I swap to Amsoil CVT / Redline. OEM is HCF2. Would like all the help from the car gods please.

Originally Posted By: Vlad_the_Russian
So... Let me get that straight... You got all those performance upgrades from your signature..on a CVT?...

I've done many similar mods on a 12 year old automatic Camry...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Nothing wrong with Redline or Amsoil, but Castrol is also worth considering, given its good price on Amazon
smile.gif

I hope someone chimes in that theyve used amsoil or redline CVT where HCF2 was specified, because im curious how they performed.

If you've changed CVT fluid 6x at this point (every 20K miles), I'd think you're good as-is. 6x better than most.

Originally Posted By: JTK
If you've changed CVT fluid 6x at this point (every 20K miles), I'd think you're good as-is. 6x better than most.

I agree. Contaminates and wear metals drain out with the old fluid. Using fresh fluid is always a plus. I am not sure straying too far from the OEM fluid spec is required or helpful. Nor do I believe there will be much difference between brands that make compatible fluids. I think it would simply be a guess at this point. CVT's have some very interesting operational conditions. Honda's CVT is different than Nissan's and has a different fluid requirement. I don't think Redline's fluid is the right choice.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Originally Posted By: Vlad_the_Russian
So... Let me get that straight... You got all those performance upgrades from your signature..on a CVT?...

I've done many similar mods on a 12 year old automatic Camry...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Plus your wife can drive it since it doesn't have a manual transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back