Looking for good broadcast spreader on Black Fri

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been to HD, Lowe’s, Menards, Ace and what they have has been moved into storage and not marked down. Mostly Scott’s junk. Amazon not much help.

I've got a Scott, but I keep it inside the house because cold weather will crack the plastic and the sunshine in warm weather will biodegrade it. I also try to keep my 5-gallon buckets out of the sun for the same reason.

I’m looking for a higher-end push spreader. Agri-Fab has an $85 one that looks good (pneumatic tires, mostly Steel construction) that I’d like to find for
Thanks for the responses.

You may be wanting an Earthway. I have one and have had it for many, many years.

I wouldn't think a spreader would be a hot ticket item for black Friday sales...if you find a sale on one next weekend I'd be surprised.

Agri-Fab for me, I had a scotts that I kept patching together for years with epoxy and aluminum tape.

Agri-Fab builds heavier models for salt....
yes, they are very expensive, but built like a tank!

Originally Posted By: Donald
Scott's has a lot of plastic. Almost no metal. But I have a 25 yr old Scott's drop spreader and all metal and keeps spreading lime every year.

I have two plastic Scotts spreaders. A drop and broadcast which I bought in 1994. I spread lime and fertilizer and they are both in great shape. It all depends on how you take care of them when you are done.
To OP, good luck trying to find a bargain this time of the year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back