Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many beautiful places in Southern California to visit. The Disney mega-plex has to be the worst choice especially given the silly cost to join the mouth breathing herds waiting in lines.

Last edited:
If you are going to go to Disney go to Florida there is way more there to see. I have been to both as a kid / teen.

Also you might want to tow an ATM behind you.
lol.gif

Be sure to use fastpass to minimize waiting in line. I always liked tomorrowland area especially space mountain ride. Also like splash mountain, pirates of the caribbean, indiana jones, star tours, if it's hot it's a small world is a great ride to get cool and relax, if you have young kids then probably go on the ones for the younger kids. Not sure what shows they have there now but some of the 3D interactive shows were great, i think it's tough to be a bug is the 3d show now. Don't forget some of the parades can give you a break to relax and if you like to take pictures and get autographs the characters are all around the park. Inside the restaurants are typical fast food type like hamburgers, pizzas etc, the blue bayou the restaurant that you see at the beginning of pirates of the caribbean ride if you're looking for a sit down restaurant real pricey though. Downtown disney has some good restaurants and some more shops but it's outside the park but it also stay open after the park closes so you can go by afterwards.

Use the App for fastpass. They even charge for the App BTW-It's $10.00 extra per person. I guess they don't make enough money yet-and have to charge for the App.

BTW- DisneyLand no longer worth the money IMHO.

I've gone about a dozen times in the last 10 years, I still love it as an adult! I think you will have long lines, I only go during the week in the off season. Check ride wait times, they vary rapidly throughout the day. Also if you skip the parades it can be a great time to find a ride with a short wait time. If you stay until close sometimes they funnel you through off limit areas and you might be a little lost when you dump back in somewhere else. I could talk for hours on this but too much to type.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Hire a disabled person to go with you so you can skip the lines. LOL.

I used to call them scooter people as a kid. Probably not the most PC term, but oh well.

Waiting in line for a bus for what seemed like forever. Then comes a huge family with someone in a scooter (not a wheelchair) who get's to bypass the entire line. On top of that, they also get the option to sit in a seat as opposed to staying in said scooter, thus taking up MORE room. (3-4 seats since the bench gets folded up.)

Pretty sad the hiring was going on though. Disgusting actually.

Was there many years ago and we also visited Disney World years ago when our sons were young.
It wasn't cheap even then.
My wife made all of the travel arrangements and had us in the Animal Kingdom after checking into our hotel by noon or so.
We did three days on land and then a four day Disney cruise.
Guess which part our sons preferred?

Honestly..to each his own. And I am not hammering you.

If I were a parent again.....which I am glad I am not. I would take kids to lots of places that would have a bit less entertainment and more "intellectual value. Having said that I would make sure that we hit the Chuckie Cheese types of things also. And I guess really at the root of my thoughts is the tremendous expense for a mere tourist trap. I guess IO can see though going onse and that's it.

As ours grew up we never did the Disney Thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back