NITTO Terra Grappler G2 a couple of weeks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
and loving them.

Yes, you can hear them more over the Bridgestone Deuler HTs, but not as loud as my tinnitus, so doesn't bother anyone...had to tell the family to listen before they noticed it.

Bumpier ride over the goat tracks that we call "highways"...a little bit, but noticeable.

Don't scream like a banshee when cornering and hit a white painted line...more predictable when they do.

But best of all like them in the wet. The Bridgestones would aquaplane, and throw a wall of water forward that you drove into. These move it all out sideways.

All round one of the best things I did since getting the Colorado.

Yeah, but I like the Dueler H/T's for ride quality
smile.gif

Curious why you chose this tire, and not the Toyo AT2 you had talked about, which is essentially the same tire with a different tread pattern?

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Curious why you chose this tire, and not the Toyo AT2 you had talked about, which is essentially the same tire with a different tread pattern?

8 weeks on a boat...there were none in the country.

As it was, my dealer got the last 5 of these in the country.

And with the rain that we've had this week, I'm glad that I did.

I have 16,000 miles on my Nitto Terra Grappler G2's (265/75R17) which are also installed on my 2016 4Runner. So far I have driven in snow, rain, packed dirt, Big Bear Mountain, Mammoth Mountains, San Diego beaches, and of course mall crawling.

In terms of volume/noise, they are manageable and quieter then the original Terra Grappler which a family member has on a Tacoma. They handle very well in all environments and are a well balanced AT tire. They are also wearing really well, and I'm expecting to get 40K-50K miles out of them before they are going to need replacing. I paid $155 US per tire and I am a big fan. Would absolutely recommend them to anyone interested in an AT tire.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: 02SE

8 weeks on a boat...there were none in the country.

As it was, my dealer got the last 5 of these in the country.

And with the rain that we've had this week, I'm glad that I did.

I'm glad to hear that you like them. Based on my experience with the Toyo AT2's on my old 4Runner, I think you'll continue to be pleased with them.

Last edited:
good to hear.. helping a family member choose between these terra grapplier g2's and the dura grappler tires.. kinda thinking the dura's might be better for them on the highway, but thanks for the good review!

My daughter test drove a 2018 2.8L Canyon last week. We wanted to see if 2 child seats would fit in the back, one facing forward and the baby seat facing back. To get the seats in, adjust the seats and back rests all the way forward 1st, install and re-adjust. The child seats snap in and out of the base that remains fastened to the seat.

We also wanted to find out if the truck had enough power to pass on 7% grades from 70kmh to 130kmh. It did without breathing hard.

Real world fuel economy is the next question. I'm hearing 8L/100km which may have some blue sky added.

Diesel is $1.20 and gasoline is $1.37, driving up to 4,000 kms/month.

The better deals are on 5.3L 1500s.

That works out to about 29.4 mpg in the old Imperial gallons or 23.5 US.

I scoped out E rated tires for off-road and deep snow use and came up with Cooper ST Maxx in 265/60/18.
Problem is, they weigh 54 LBS and add considerable to un-sprung weight.
Whether or not they would affect fuel economy with their 18.5/32" deep tread is a good question.
Prolly last 160K kms, or 100,000 miles in the old money.

Can't really comment at the moment, but the Colorado's not returned any sub 9l/100km 25km intervals since going to the new tyres.

There were many sub 9l/100km 25km rolling averages on the Bridgestones. The mileage on the dial versus what's measured at the pump is out by 0.3l/100km, with my mileage being worse by that MPG or so.

But I'm also driving harder on the new tyes.

Last edited:
My 6.6L LML likes taller 275/65/20s 107" rollout instead of the stock 265/60/20s, rollout 102". Fuel economy improved by about half the difference, or 2.5%. I don't see 6th gear until 90km on the speedo which is actually 95, or about 60mph.

How the 2.8L would respond to taller tires, such as 255/65/18s and higher air pressure would be interesting.

Appreciated the new tyres last night leaving work....

Ridiculous rain lately (Melbourne had three months worth in three days).

Last night huge standing water sheeting across the roads as driving home, and these just moved it rather than riding it, not a slip, slide, or squirm. Bridgestones would have been all over the shop.

So wet and slippery that the roo that ran out in front of me slipped over and struggled to get up

I've had 4 sets of the original ones and they are a great tire. Love them. Sadly the G2 doesn't come in the sizes I need anymore.

www.kaltire.com has the exclusive on Nitto around these parts including retread plants.

I like the look of the new EXO and Toyo CT tires. Toyo M55s were my old standby go-to tires.

Last edited:
I had the Toyo C/T tires installed on my dually, before I took delivery earlier this year. They have been great. We got a decent snowstorm the other day, so I took it out to see how they would do. They did great, but I'll probably continue to use my old 4Runner riding on Toyo A/T2's, because the old 4Runner is just fun to drive in snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back