I have a brain tumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how you are when you are well enough. At least were in the 21st Century.

God bless!

Respectfully,

Pajero

thoughts and prayers on their way..

friend went through this back in '05. his was caught as a "pre-cancerous" tumor. around the right temple area.
out of nowhere he started having seizures. no history of them.
once the tumor was out, he did continue to occasionally have them for a couple years, but was mostly able to control them with medication.
there was at least one time in that period where the docs wouldn't let him drive, if he had a flair of seizures, they wouldn't allow him to drive for 6 weeks, as long as he remained seizure free during that period, they would let him resume driving.

he's Mostly normal now, well, 99% of where he was before, just has memory gaps,(for the couple years before the surgery), but can normally re-access the memories with a little work. (literally having to navigate new pathways)

be prepared for intense itching around the incision for a WHILE, as the nerves heal. you will want to scratch, but DO NOT!

Originally Posted By: WTJackalope
Thanks everyone. Hopefully I’m up & driving again in a few weeks after surgery.

All postive things are in your future.

What where your signs? My former neighbor had personality changes and "smelled smoke".

With today's superior imaging if they are telling you it is probably benign I think you can count on that. Thoughts, concerns, prayers, we have your back. Once surgery is done it is a matter of recovery and healing. Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery, years from now you will look back and count it as a minor bump in the road.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back