New Stihl BR 430 backpack leaf blower!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoooooooooo this thing is great. Had a little buyer's remorse when I got it yesterday, for fear of having over-bought, but I used every bit of its power today. I only have a 1/3 acre lot, but 3 maples and just a lot of trees in the area in general. I also live on top of a ridge, so I have the benefit of being able to blow the leaves down my hill into a wooded area. What normally took 5 hours of raking was completed in under an hour, including doing a much more thorough job of getting the leaves out of the shrubs/landscaping in the front yard.

I was originally going to go for the 350, the next step down, but glad I sprung for the extra $50 for the 430.

Looks like fairly similar spec to my echo 580T
(my echo has slightly higher specs but slightly smaller motor so I'd say the stihl in real life slightly stronger)

Its been a MASSIVE labor saver.

I also mulch my leaves more now with my deere 316.
It also hasnt replaced my hitachi hand held blower.. but having both is nice.

I almost overbought with the echo 755st but I liked the lighter weight and how it pulls air past your back for cooling on the 580T... and it was a full 75-80$ cheaper.

IIRC its 329 msrp and I paid NET $225 at home depot after a pricematch and 18% savings by buying gift cards at Giant eagle (12% back as fuel 6% grocery Credit card)

I really like all the stihl equipment but not being an everyday pro I didnt want to overspend.

Next year probably snag an echo string trimmer at the 20% off sale.. the craftsman will get moved to edging only.

Yeah, the difference between the 350 and the 430 in weight was negligible, a big reason why I went with the 430.

And that's a great idea, buying through the gift cards at Giant Eagle. Never thought of that before!

Just got me a Husqvarna 560BTS to blow snow up here in Saskatchewan. Greatest investment I ever made..

Not a 4 mix. 2 stroker.

You made a fine purchase , that one and the 450 are the best in their line-up IMO.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the 4 mixers. I have a fc 91, 4 mix edger. I just prefer 2 strokes ,personal preference.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: johnD2
Not a 4 mix. 2 stroker.

You made a fine purchase , that one and the 450 are the best in their line-up IMO.

Yeah, made quick work of a relatively big job.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Seems like a lot of $$ for a 1/3 acre lot where you will deal with leaves 1 or 2 times a year. But your money.

What about after every time he cuts the grass ? Seriously doubt the man bought it for 1 or 2 times per year.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Seems like a lot of $$ for a 1/3 acre lot where you will deal with leaves 1 or 2 times a year. But your money.

Snow... lots of 2 inch events here over the winter months.

Spring... shrub clean out and mulching time.

More time with the 2 year old and wife...worth every penny.

I bought a 430 a couple of months ago; I doubt I will put more than 3-4 hours on it per year- but it gets the job done very quickly, which is my primary concern.

Congrats! I bought a BR-700 and love the power!!

Was thinking of goling smaller, but with the collapsible hose and the fact that my son uses my equipment for his 6 yard business my thought was it’s a win win!

Also have a KM-130 and a HT-45, can you tell I ike Stihl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back