Sentury and Dextero Tires ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to buy a cheap set of tires for a hardy driven vehicle ( yrs),so 40k tires will suffice. The sixe is 205 70r 15 load range 96T. I am looking pruchasing the tires at the Dextero brand from Walmartor Sentury brand tires at America's Tire / Discount Tire .

I prefer the service at the local Discount Tire store but know nothing about the quality of Sentury brand tires.

Any recommendations ? - Thanks

I have had several customers get the Dextero DTR1's. They are actually a decent economy tire. Should last 30k or longer if rotated based on what I have seen so far.

Chinese tire, I tend to trust DT so for a rarely driven extra vehicle I'd probably give them a try.

Not my first choice, but see Dexteros all the time on work trucks and vans. They seem to be a decent tire.

Originally Posted By: rkpatt
Any recommendations ? - Thanks

I'd go with some Starfire SF 340 tires for $57 with free shipping. Parent company is Cooper and have heard many good things about them from my mechanic. They also make the Top Ten list for best inexpensive tires. Either Walmart or DT will install them. However, I've had them installed at Ford Quicklane for $20/tire which includes everything. Even tire disposal, taxes, etc out the door. Here are some links below.

https://simpletire.com/starfire-p205-70r15-90000007511-tires

Last edited:
Dexteros are solid. Bought a used truck years ago with a brand new set, I would have never bought them personally, but they turned out to be a great tire. Sold the truck 60 something thousand miles later and they still had good tread remaining.

Buy Michelins-they will only cost you five times as much.

(Just thought I beat someone to the post!)
smirk.gif

I'd agree that Michelin would be the perfect choice for something that's barely driven and would have no particular requirement regarding snow or whatever.

Dextero is made by Giti Tire and from my limited experience with them, I'd say that I would probably opt for those vs. the Sentury tires. Giti also makes Primewell and GT Radial - any of which would probably be perfectly adequate for a car that won't have to be driven if conditions warrant that it not be driven. That's not to say that these tires are particularly bad...only that I wouldn't worry about it if this is an alternate vehicle.

The clincher for me would probably be Discount Tire as I've had good luck with their tires and service and that might mean more than whether it's a Dextero or Sentury tire.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
DT/DTD might have name-brand tires priced near the Sentury tires for their Black Friday sale
smile.gif

Yup.

My dad put SF340s on my camry before he handed it off to me and they're quiet and wearing like iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back