Oz to get twin Turbo V-6 Colorado ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does materialise it won't be a hit. The market for large petrol utes is pretty much nil judging by how many are available in this class and the last similar vehicle I can remember (TRD hilux) didn't sell very well. Too thirsty, not torquey enough for grunt work and not macho enough for overcompensating """""""""""""men""""""""""""" who buy them but never use them for their intended purpose.

Last edited:
The Colorados wereoutselling the Commondore.

Families were still buying SS Commondore wagons and sedans, which they can no longer get.

These will be a hit.

What's going to happen to the V8 Supercars series now that there are no real Australian V8 supercars?

I feel for you guys if they lame it up as bad as NASCAR has become - rwd on the track, fwd garbage sold on Monday .....

Originally Posted By: chrismo
If it does materialise it won't be a hit. The market for large petrol utes is pretty much nil judging by how many are available in this class and the last similar vehicle I can remember (TRD hilux) didn't sell very well. Too thirsty, not torquey enough for grunt work and not macho enough for overcompensating """""""""""""men""""""""""""" who buy them but never use them for their intended purpose.

Not enough...torque? Ummm Twin turbo V6s start at like 500nM torque peak with a fat diesel-like curve even down to 1000-1200 revs, for a small one, and they go up from there. What grunt work are you referring to? Pulling a house off its foundation?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Win
What's going to happen to the V8 Supercars series now that there are no real Australian V8 supercars?

I feel for you guys if they lame it up as bad as NASCAR has become - rwd on the track, fwd garbage sold on Monday .....

Same...the cars will be Euro FWD, and the race cars turbo V-6 and RWD.

But the Utes are going to go to the biggest market sector in the country, the dual cab 4WDs, like my Colorado.

http://www.supercars.com/superutes/

discussed here

Many years ago I was looking at a Bud sponsored Ford funny car and said “just as many Bud parts as Ford parts in that car”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back