Robot Vacuum

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just bought a robot vacuum! if you have hardwood floors! get one! they're amazing!

I have one and it's 5 years old. I'm in the process of rebuilding the battery pack so it can keep on doing its thing. I learned that there is wide differences so do your research for a good one.

Also
welcome2.gif
to BITOG Arcadian!

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
Don't want to rain on your parade or review of dog dodo, but some of these are getting hacked.

Hack Turns LG Robot Hoover Into A Spy

Who wants to come to my house and hack my Roomba? Kinda like worrying about someone coming to your neighborhood and brute-forcing his/her way into your wifi. Possible? Sure! Probably - Not even close!

Mine is still running after 5 years. A cell in the battery pack died and I got a replacement for $2.75 Just need to solder into the battery pack and it's back up and running. Ours runs daily and cleans about 800sqft on the floor it's on. Once a month I take it upstairs and let it go under the beds for the dust-bunnies.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Arcadian
We just bought a robot vacuum!

I'm guessing the reason this was posted in Foods/Cooking/Beverages forum is because the robot can also cook?

Originally Posted By: StevieC
QP, your Robot Vacuum didn't come with the "Go Make Me A Sandwich" feature?
lol.gif

I can make a good sandwich by myself, thank you. But I was hoping it could make a fancy 3 course meal, and dog poop would not be one of the courses.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Arcadian
We just bought a robot vacuum!

I'm guessing the reason this was posted in Foods/Cooking/Beverages forum is because the robot can also cook?

It was an interesting first post to boot! Who comes to an oil forum to post about a robot vacuum?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: StevieC
QP, your Robot Vacuum didn't come with the "Go Make Me A Sandwich" feature?
lol.gif

I can make a good sandwich by myself, thank you. But I was hoping it could make a fancy 3 course meal, and dog poop would not be one of the courses.
smile.gif

Touche!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back