Which Oil Filter Should I choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAPA Gold 1348
I retract that. The Bosch filter # doesn’t match the NAPA Gold #.
Please tell us what vehicle you are trying to match up with.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: thefasterfish
5000 miles with full synthetic

Most full synthetic oils can go 10,000 miles. Is there a reason why you change it at 5000?

Yes, Toyota has changed the interval from engines with 5w-30 and 5w-20 to 5000 miles/8000km or 6 months whichever comes first with synthetic or conventional. I believe it was because of the oil sludge issues with some of the engines.

http://toyota.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7604/~/what-are-the-oil-change-intervals-using-synthetic-oil%3F

That Napa Gold number is good for some Toyota vehicles. That crosses over to WIX 51348 and Motorcraft FL-910s.
Maybe a Bosch 3330?
A Toyota ______?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: thefasterfish
Yes, Toyota has changed the interval to 5000 miles

Buy your favorite brand of conventional oil and a regular 5k filter otherwise your throwing money out the door.

Originally Posted By: MParr
That Napa Gold number is good for some Toyota vehicles. That crosses over to WIX 51348 and Motorcraft FL-910s.
Maybe a Bosch 3330?
A Toyota ______?

1999 Toyota Camry 4cyl

NAPA Gold 1394
WIX 51394
Bosch 3331
All are good filters. WIX makes the NAPA Gold. Notice: NAPA # drops the 5
Go to the WIX filter website and take a look.

Last edited:
I would use a Napa proselect. Cheaper than Gold. You dont need a Gold filter for 8000km interval. I been using pro selects regularly and they are built excellent. Also, you wont find a cheaper better filter in canada for the price. They sell for 3-4$. The Gold is 10-12$..which id only consider for longer runs.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
One says it is a trans filter

+1. It's a 99 Camry and your in Canada. Napa filters will be fine. Personally I would buy a few filters at rockauto at a time to save on shipping.

If your trans filter was anything like my 98 Sienna it's called a strainer and Toyota doesn't recommend you change it. I changed the tranny filter on the Sienna 3 times over the course of 285,000 km and used a Wix or whatever the parts store had in stock. Used Mobil 1 ATF at first and then switched to maxlife ATF later.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Baracoa
Best overall filter is Mobil 1. Lasts 15,000 to 20,000 miles. Get at Walmart for $10 or in an oil filter combination sale from any major auto parts store.

Based on some recent issues posted here with them I’d say they’re overpriced and under constructed ... if your going to spend $10-12 on a filter get a fram Ultra and even save a few $.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back