RedLine 15W50, 8k mi OCI, 69k mi, Cadillac CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
All mileage is in kilometres. OLM was at 0%.

Notes from oil slip: RL 15W50 for summer due to track (ab)use, top-up oil: 1.5qt of RL 15W50 and 1qt of RL 5W30. Will switch to 5W30 for winter. 30hrs of track use on oil.

F5aXmnA.png

Nope. That's the Camaro, Corvette and I think maybe the third generation CTS-V. However, after looking at the oil temperatures at the track pulled from the OBDII reader and the recommendation of my mechanic that has a lot of experience with LS engines I decided it would be a good idea since it was consuming quite a bit of oil at the track. Now, with the heavier oil, it is much reduced though there is still some oil consumption. However, that's to expected with a boosted engine under heavy load. On the street, there is no significant consumption.

Those old-fashioned pushrod V8's appear to be alive and well. Thanks for posting. Who would have thought someone would take a Cadillac to a track day in the past. "....I found out my Coupe de Ville understeered a bit when I turned the wheel at the first turn and ended up in the parking lot with an angry corner worker on the hood....."

Red Line 5W30 was the previous oil. I've switched to Red Line since early 2016. All of the samples on the sheet above starting in 9/2016 are RL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back