I Chose Wisely

Status
Not open for further replies.
I,m more than a little nervous right now. Have a bucket truck in neighbor's back yard and a large mobile crane in my side yard and very large pieces of cottonwood swinging over my roof. I'm much more nervous than the cat this time. This contractor seems to be as good as the first guy was bad. All of his equipment is in good shape and his help knows what they are doing. Our tree problem will be history by this afternoon. Wish I had about a half dozen Valium tablets to keep from jumping out of my skin. It's not everyday that one has three diesel engines putting out power so close to their bedroom. All is going well. That's what the passengers on the Titanic were thinking about four hours before they found themselves in 32F Atlantic Ocean. All Is Well.

You're first experience sucked. But now you got a good contractor after you did some homework, I'd relax. Trust them and then get rid of all those cottonwoods. They grow like weeds even here in Oklahoma as long as they have a water source and lets not even start talking about red cedars.

Leave them you cell phone number and go out and get some breakfast or go bowling or go to the car dealership and look at shiny things. Come back when they're done.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Leave them you cell phone number and go out and get some breakfast or go bowling or go to the car dealership and look at shiny things. Come back when they're done.
I'd take my wife out to lunch but the contractor is using our driveway for the lay-down area. All is well. Cat is moving around. The only one needing counseling is old Hosteen Hoskie Begay. Thanks for the support guys.
smile.gif

Must be a good day to remove trees. Oak that is just on neighbors side of fence. Bucket truck in our driveway. Lots of crashing sounds followed by someone saying don't get to close to the house. They do carry insurance, just in case.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
What could go wrong
21.gif

South-Toledo-resident-feared-house-might-fall-when-hit-by-tree.jpg

That is why I am spending big $$$ to prevent from happening. Trees are down, crane and bucket truck are out of yards and contractor is busy loading the big stuff on a trailer. Should be out of here in another hour. Amen. Been trying to get those big cottonwoods removed since right after we had 90 mph wind storm summer of 16 and some big stuff came down in our back yard. No damage but close.

Famous last words, "Honey, the guy that sold me the chainsaw said this was how you do it..."

We've had 2 60-80' pine trees blow over and one 40' pine tree just die so there's a lot of chainsaw time in my near future. So far the Echo 490 is working well. I'm the one that gets tired. I'm older now and just recovering from cancer and the exercise has been a challenge.

I wish I could afford to have someone else clear the trees. So instead I tell myself that this is good for me (lol).

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Famous last words, "Honey, the guy that sold me the chainsaw said this was how you do it..."

We've had 2 60-80' pine trees blow over and one 40' pine tree just die so there's a lot of chainsaw time in my near future. So far the Echo 490 is working well. I'm the one that gets tired. I'm older now and just recovering from cancer and the exercise has been a challenge.

I wish I could afford to have someone else clear the trees. So instead I tell myself that this is good for me (lol).
Be sure you survey the job closely and know the way to move when things start falling. I worked in the Snowy Range west of Laramie two summers when I was in college and learned a lot about cutting trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back