2018 Mazda6 with turbo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a 2.5 liter turbo in the M6 versus the Fusion Sport with the 2.7 ecoboost. But you don't hear much about the Fusion Sport for some reason.

I wish you could get that engine in a Mazda 3- with three pedals, AWD, and a default 50/50 torque split. My modded 2007 MS3 was a lot of fun, but I am one and done with FWD.

I am wondering if that SkyActiv 2.5T will find its way into the CX-5 as well?

Mazda will tune that engine specifically for the 6. That along with the G Vectoring Control will add some good driving dynamics to the sedan.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Turbo's are great for those people that want them for those that don't well it just takes another vehicle out of your buy list.

I've had four turbo cars(T-Bird Turbo Coupe, Volvo 740 Turbo, Mazdaspeed3, and M235i)- as you can probably guess, I just hate them- especially the 2er- it only runs the quarter in 12.9 seconds and averages just 26 mpg.
I get bummed just thinking about it...

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Turbo's are great for those people that want them for those that don't well it just takes another vehicle out of your buy list.

2.5DI looks to be the standard motor with the 2.5TGDI as a step up.

This, however, is worth waiting for...

Originally Posted By: LotI

That sir is a very attractive automobile.

Wouldn't it be nice with a turbo and a 6 speed manual. Hey, it could happen.

Originally Posted By: 2strokeNorthstar
Hope it doesn't self destruct like the Speed 6

I previously owned a speed6. They can be perfectly reliable with a couple simple mods to correct factory issues. Namely new internals for the HPFP and new mounting brackets for the rear diff. Otherwise they are awesome cars with great full time awd that splits 50/50 under hard load.

Originally Posted By: ecotourist
Originally Posted By: LotI

That sir is a very attractive automobile.

Wouldn't it be nice with a turbo and a 6 speed manual. Hey, it could happen.

It appears this will be the new design language of Mazda and with SkyActiv X Being supercharged it’s a real possibility.
Doesn’t this look like a nice space to spend some time?

Mazda

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
. But you don't hear much about the Fusion Sport for some reason.

Too expensive IMHO.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
. But you don't hear much about the Fusion Sport for some reason.

Too expensive IMHO.

It's not even that.

I think Ford did themselves a disservice with the initial marketing of it. They came out swinging, comparing it to cars like BMW 340i and Audi S4, making it seem like Fusion Sport would eat all these supposed competitors for lunch at a fraction of the cost. In real world, it turned out to not be true at all.

After test driving the Sport, I came away unimpressed, but I'll admit I may be somewhat biased based on some of the cars I've owned in the past. But my overall impression was that the Sport just didn't not feel sporty to me. Yes, the engine did not lack power, but the trans programming was rather lackadaisical and paddle shifters were not very responsive. Steering response wasn't great, and suspension was too soft. I mean, good for a leisurely family sedan, but it had nothing to do with "Sport".

I think I'm more excited about Kia Stinger than I am about a Fusion Sport or Mazda 6 turbo.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
After test driving the Sport, I came away unimpressed, but I'll admit I may be somewhat biased based on some of the cars I've owned in the past. But my overall impression was that the Sport just didn't not feel sporty to me. Yes, the engine did not lack power, but the trans programming was rather lackadaisical and paddle shifters were not very responsive. Steering response wasn't great, and suspension was too soft. I mean, good for a leisurely family sedan, but it had nothing to do with "Sport".

I think I'm more excited about Kia Stinger than I am about a Fusion Sport or Mazda 6 turbo.

I think I read your review a while ago which kind of dampened my interest in it. I remember one review said the Taurus SHO was much more fun to drive.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

I'm interested in the Stinger as well; RWD is now essentially mandatory for my DD and track rat- although I wouldn't turn down an Alpina B6...

Over on the Mazdas247 forum, the word is that not only is this the turbo version of the 2.5 but it will come with cylinder deactivation, auto start/stop and the E-loop system that is on the Mazda 6. If true this is quite the change.

So a 2.5 liter turbo in the M6 versus the Fusion Sport with the 2.7 ecoboost. But you don't hear much about the Fusion Sport for some reason.

There's really nothing special about a Ford Fusion with an F-150 engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back