Donair Cam - Live 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee. Steve is taking over for "Merk" as useless post of the day......

13.gif
Gotta keep the cranky farts like you busy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
Gee. Steve is taking over for "Merk" as useless post of the day......

I have a better one for you:

El jefino has a truck with (double gasp) no-cracks Michelin tires with a 2000 date of manufacturing

SteveC, I consider this post only as half-off-topic: when over-cooked, they have the same consistency as old tires.
I do not endorse tire consumption. not without a good dressing....

Down here they can be
* Shawerma
* Doner Kebab

In either case they are flat bread like pita or lebanese, with meat, onion (red with sumac), lettuce, tomato, and sauces (garlic yoghurt and hot chilli are my faves).

Gyros/Yeeros are typically made with what's more like a big, not sweet pancake (not as dry as a tortilla)and assembled as above.

Lamb, beef and Chicken are common...chicken not so much when I was a teenager but common now, or Fallafel.

Greek Souvlaki is similar to the pancake/tortilla but different spices, and more commonly lamb.

The meat on a spit is stacked slices and mince (ground) usually, except for the Souvlaki.

As a family, we usually buy a takeawy without wrap, and eat it like a salad, with a little of our own supplied flat bread...a full Kebab is too much for any of us.

King of Donair brings back memories from when I was a young sailor in Halifax. Would order one after the pubs shut down.

In Ottawa, I can't recall ever seeing donairs - the lebanese restaurants tend to serve shawarma. My son went to grade school with the son of the "Garlic King" owner. He had a huge gold crown mounted on his company car and would drop his son off at school in it.

I guess that made his son the Garlic Prince
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back