UOA 2012 Nissan Xterra 4.0 Mobil1 EP 5w30 6250 Mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the results of my first UOA on my 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro4X 4x4 4.0 Truck, Truck had 86,179 miles at this OC, I have owned the truck since new and am looking at extending my OC intervals because I now drive about 2000 miles a month with very little stop and go, I also want my timing chains to last a good long time as the truck is paid off now.. The previous 2 runs were also M1EP 5w30 SN with Purolator PureOne filter's (Yellow with grit) (Bought a case a few years ago) . I refilled it with more M1EP 5w30 and a Fram Ultra. I am glad that the Insoluables look good as we live in an Extremely dusty dirt road neighborhood and I have run an AEM Brute Force Intake (non-oiled) since around 10k miles on the truck. The truck also has Hypertec programming and a Magnaflow Exhaust. The oil in this sample also had some very rough off-roading on it as well.. The truck parks outside every night so it gets some cold, cold starts as well...
This OCI was 3 months time-wise...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: law3500
...... I also want my timing chains to last a good long time as the truck is paid off now.. The previous 2 runs were also M1EP 5w30 SN with Purolator PureOne filter's (Yellow with grit) (Bought a case a few years ago) . I refilled it with more M1EP 5w30 and a Fram Ultra.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/attach..._171111_1_1.jpg

The latest dexos1 Gen2 synthetic oils have a new timing chain wear test they must pass. Right now, Mobil1 Annual Protection 5w30 and Mobil1 AFE 0w30 from walmart are passing dexos1 Gen2. Mobil1 Annual Protection is the best Exxon-Mobil has now. Others have dexos1-Gen2 too, just look for "gen 2" on the dexos logo on the front of the jugs, kind of common on the shelves right now.
Smart going to a Fram Ultra oil filter, about the best one can do in oil filters these days.

Originally Posted By: koffy
Did you cut that filter open?

No, I did not cut that one open. I bought a nice cutting tool but it does not go down in diameter enough for these Nissan filters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back