pdf editing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
I'm in need of an easy to use pdf editor that will let me mark a document with circles or dots. Can anyone suggest such a program?

Kind of a regular thing, I receive floor plans that I'll need to mark locations on. I just need to drop a triangle or circle on the document.

I don't know of any free software but a less expensive option is Nitro PDF. I used that before I got a copy of Adobe Creator.

[dead link removed]

You can also blow up the PDF on your screen to 400% so it's high resolution and select the area with a snap-shot tool which will copy it to memory, then paste it in a program like microsoft paint, zoom out so you can see it all on one screen. Do your marking. Save the file as a graphic image and then print it with Windows by right clicking on the file and choosing print to a PDF printer like Cute-PDF writer (free) and do it that way.

It's crude but it works and I frequently do that at work where we don't have PDF software.

The GIMP is free and I believe has the ability to edit PDF's. May want to look at that first. Not the easiest program to use, but you can't beat the price.

I do this with Adobe Acrobat. Import electronic ckt schematics, zoom in, make notes, draw geometric shapes, save..no worries. Very convenient.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
Originally Posted By: dishdude
I'm in need of an easy to use pdf editor that will let me mark a document with circles or dots. Can anyone suggest such a program?

Adobe Reader DC. It does exactly what you want.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: Tegger
Adobe Reader DC. It does exactly what you want.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Once it's installed, open a PDF. From the menu at right, choose "Comment". At the top of the window will now appear a row of icons containing a voice bubble, a felt-tip marker, text-editing tools, etc. At far right will be an icon depicting a circle, a square, and a triangle nested together. That one is your "Drawing Tools". That's where you get the things you want to put in your PDF. You can choose your own line width and line color as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back