Not everybody is offended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the blood doctor today and she wanted to take some blood tests. They take the blood onsite. The tech was a young 20ish women, I'm 63. I sat in the chair and jokingly said, so you're the vampire, but at least you're a very pretty vampire. She turned and looked at me and I thought oh no, politically incorrect thing to say! Then she smiled and said thank you I really appreciate you saying that, it makes me feel good! Then she drew 5 vials of blood
lol.gif
. At least not all young women are offended by a compliment
grin.gif

Whimsey

Just think, the police could have been called, you would have made the local news, and next thing you know another 30 women would have claimed you complimented them. Maybe as far back as 30 or 40 years ago. You got lucky.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Just think, the police could have been called, you would have made the local news, and next thing you know another 30 women would have claimed you complimented them. Maybe as far back as 30 or 40 years ago. You got lucky.

ain't that the truth...
frown.gif

I made a Dracula joke at work a little while ago forgetting that the woman I was talking to was from Romania. I apologized in case Romanians are sensitive about that. She wasn't offended.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Glad she smiled and did not switch from the 21g needle to a 16g for the blood draw!
lol.gif

Maybe she did, he's 63 she's 20ish...he did't notice or feel it
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Whimsey
I was at the blood doctor today and she wanted to take some blood tests. They take the blood onsite. The tech was a young 20ish women, I'm 63. I sat in the chair and jokingly said, so you're the vampire, but at least you're a very pretty vampire.
Whimsey

Oh, so you're an anti-vampite!

Glad she smiled and did not switch from the 21g needle to a 16g for the blood draw!
lol.gif

No idea what size needle was used but it was painless once I came to
grin.gif

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Leo99
I made a Dracula joke at work a little while ago forgetting that the woman I was talking to was from Romania. I apologized in case Romanians are sensitive about that. She wasn't offended.

My father's parents are from Transylvania, it was part of Austria Hungary at the time they lived there.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
lol.gif

Maybe she did, he's 63 she's 20ish...he did't notice or feel it
lol.gif

Hey! I'm not numb just because I'm not young
lol.gif

Whimsey

Just be careful. It's a brave new world out there and there is this new concept of "microaggression" and believe it or not it's being taken seriously and the consequences are mindbending. There are people out there that are fully prepared to be a victim of the wrong statement no matter how innocent the intent might have been. The Haloween Carnival at an elementary school was even a victim of all this and canceled. It was said that children dressed in costumes were misappropriating someone else's gender or culture.

I always disliked needles. During my adventure with breast cancer. I got blood drawn a lot. I used to complement the nurse if I didn't flinch when stuck. Some are really good at it, others not so much.

Originally Posted By: HouseTiger
Can't help but recall Johnny Carson's comment about a golf putter . . . .

...or him telling Zsa Zsa to get the (darned) cat off of her lap!

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Just be careful. It's a brave new world out there and there is this new concept of "microaggression" and believe it or not it's being taken seriously and the consequences are mindbending. There are people out there that are fully prepared to be a victim of the wrong statement no matter how innocent the intent might have been. The Haloween Carnival at an elementary school was even a victim of all this and canceled. It was said that children dressed in costumes were misappropriating someone else's gender or culture.

?????

How stupid and sad.

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Then she drew 5 vials of blood
lol.gif
. At least not all young women are offended by a compliment
grin.gif

Whimsey

A small price to pay, when she only needed 1 vial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back