Beets: how many uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So BITOGers,

How many ways of using the beets/ beets recipes you know?

me:
-beets grated
-beets(boiled and grated) + lemon juice + oil
-beets(boiled and grated) + garlic sauce
-beets(boiled and grated) + oil + grated horseradish (does wasabi count?)
-beets layer "cake": (layer1=potato salad, layer2=grated boiled beets + garlic sauce, layer3=farmers cheese + sourcream + dill/celery leaves)

I like any way possible best just boiled and eat or chocolate protein shake add 2 cooked and cooled beets blend and you never know it was in it besides color I eat them daily or by dried powder.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Feed beets to baby and after you change diapers next day you will view beets in a different light.

I thought you finished with babies long time ago. Any grandkids news?

P.S. one part of being a young baby parent was my absolute immunity to the grossness of various baby body functions....
example: have you seen parents happy because baby finally 400p after being constipated? Yep that was us.

Now can we get back to foods and not plumbing?

I had a Russian friend when I was in HS and I remember his dad grabbing a big jug of borscht out of their fridge and just chugging it.
I hated beets at that time and was completely horrified...

I like them now, but my wife can't stand them, so I don't eat them very often.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I had a Russian friend when I was in HS and I remember his dad grabbing a big jug of borscht out of their fridge and just chugging it.

It actually tastes great hot, when you drink it like hot tea with your dinner.

I miss not having any Polish delis around me now where I could easily find it.

Pickled as a garnish only. I never got around the color. I was raised on organic raised vedgies. Beets are easy to grow..

Originally Posted By: Donald
Feed beets to baby and after you change diapers next day you will view beets in a different light.
grin.gif

Beet soup,

Wash them real good...Cut up your beets, stalks, and if you like you can put some of the leaves cut up (optional),Boil..Then add some cut up potatoes, add some (a little) vinegar and season to taste...Cook till all done...add a little cream when all done (optional)...

Also can cook some macaroni on the side to add while serving...

My wife made roasted beets with wilted beet greens one time. I wasn't sure how that would be, but I'd love to eat it again. It was fantastic. She has also used beets in chili. Yep, regular old beans-tomato-meat chili.

I had to text her to find out what she put on the roasted beets: ginger, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and a touch of oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back