Ovation Ecovision Tires???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of this brand?
I've looked them up and they seem to be a Chinese brand slowly coming to North America. However the information is vague at best with very few reviews.

My buddy just purchased their winter tires for his '11 Sonata Turbo in 18" as they were recommendation by his tire guy/seller/installer/friend. He originally wanted BLIZZAKs but was talked out the Bridgestone by said tire guy as they're too expensive. Maybe too expensive considering that the Sonata is going on 8 yrs old, IDK!

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you,

CB

The only acceptable tire is a Michelin. And it's only allowed to be installed on a Crown Victoria / Marquis / Towncar.

As long as they have a DOT code that is verifiable, I'd run them

Originally Posted By: Miller88
The only acceptable tire is a Michelin. And it's only allowed to be installed on a Crown Victoria / Marquis / Towncar.

Now, now

General Altimax & Cooper CS series tires are acceptable for those who aren't boujee enough for "real" tires

lol.gif

I had suggested that he buy the AltiMAX Arctic(based on our experience) as his previous winter tires were WinterForce(very LOUD) and he wanted something quieter. But, this is what you get when you suggest something!!!

We got some Ovation tyres in Réunion Island. In 175/65 R14 and 185/60-65 R15 they feel lot better than Fullrun or Sunwide tyres, especially in wet conditions. But I’ll go more General, Kleber, Kumho, hankook, Toyo, Nexen, ....

THIS IS A GREAT POST!!!!!!!
eek.gif
grin.gif

There are Chinese tires that get decent reviews. Milestar is one brand that does. I sure there are others.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN

eek.gif
grin.gif

There are Chinese tires that get decent reviews. Milestar is one brand that does. I sure there are others.
I had to double check the username when I saw the post, I thought "that's CKN right there"
grin2.gif
I was wrong!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: CKN

eek.gif
grin.gif

I had to double check the username when I saw the post, I thought "that's CKN right there"
grin2.gif
I was wrong!

I have a Subaru and I like Chinese tires.

I now understand his position!

A few months ago I could have pulled the trigger on some Westlake tires for $28 in 205/55R16s on Amazon. But instead went for the next more expensive tire at $44 each, Nokian eNTYRES, 700 UTQG. Prices of each have gone up steadily since and no rebates to deal with. Glad I went ahead with the purchase as the old Hankooks with 65k on them were well done. Those were UHP tires, Ventus V2 Concepts. They were pretty good tires except in winter conditions obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back