Fram Ultra changed color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Fram Ultras for the last few oil changes. I just recently got a new one and found it was in a silver canister instead of gold that all the previous ones had been. Looks just the same as a Tough Guard canister, except says Ultra and the number starts with X. Is this a recent change, or is this an older design, or is it not genuine?

Still shows gold on the Fram site. I know because I just checked, fyi.

Last edited:
VERY old stock possibly?

qxzGlZL.jpg

I got it at Walmart about a week ago, box was sealed. The printing is all black, not like the picture above. I installed it, but haven't started the engine yet, maybe I'll take it off and take a pic. All my previous ones looked like the first pic above.

Last edited:
I have to ask
You changed filter but didn't start the engine?
Please explain if you don't mind.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I have to ask

Really! ENQUIRING minds are dying to know!
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I have to ask

Right, car still up on ramps. Didn't think about whether there was something peculiar about the filter until I'd installed it. Not a daily driver. Just finished a cam install. Also, I put the car on ramps using a floor jack, not driving it up, which doesn't work too well since it's rwd.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Like this?
pDGrzDD.jpg

Yes. My description was wrong, but they did change the labeling. Is that a new filter?

Originally Posted By: neo3
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Like this?
pDGrzDD.jpg

Yes. My description was wrong, but they did change the labeling. Is that a new filter?

Date code is recent, 199th day of 2017.

The new ones are gold with black labeling which is painted vs a sticker.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4474753/New_20,000mi_XG7317#Post4474753

20XG7317b.jpg

Since the gold goes on first I think you mean did they run out of non slip?

UD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back