Meet Sophia - declared first robot Saudi Citizen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't compute. Robot comes from the Czech for "forced worker" which tends to be more a description of the non-citizens in Saudi.

I think she needs a burka or, better yet, a niqab. Where modern high technology interfaces with the ancient.

Burqa.jpg

Yup , The CROW LOOK is definitely more regionally suited. Merging the 11th Century into the modern world is going to become harder than ever for those folks .

Recently while in a hotel in Asia, I saw a interview on ABC news (Australia), with a robot humanoid. I think this is the same model. She had facial expressions and answered questions from the anchors.

The movie Surrogates seems to be the vision of what is to come.

I have seen a Japanese video of these humanoids working on a assembly line putting together products. In that video the humanoids were able to pick power tools for the task like a driver for example. They also manipulated the product to look for any mistakes or defects. On this line there were several humanoids performing the assembly and one human performing a quality control check at the end.

Zager and Evans were spot on in their visionary song back in the 60’s. 1969 to be specific.

Most of you don't seem to see the big picture here. This thing, this object was declared a citizen just as any human being. I can only presume that by Saudi law it is no different than a human being. Which actually should make everyone question how the governments treat/see people. This is a perfect example that in the eyes of governments we are not human beings.

And the video seemed extremely scripted and makes me think just how much of the "intelligence" this robot has in its responses vs. how many responses were simply programmed in, waiting for a specific question to be asked.

So this thing has the same rights as a human...
If it goes AWOL, learns anger, obtains a weapon and shoots someone,and is convicted at trial, what drug will we use during the execution to minimize trauma before the battery is pulled?
A robot cannot have human rights. Stupid.

It was probably done to distract people from the noteworthy events that started to happen in Saudi Arabia a few days later.

It's not a big deal to grant Saudi citizenship to a feminine robot because Saudi women don't have that many rights anyway. If it were a masculine robot then we'd be cookin' with gas.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
In that video the humanoids were able to pick power tools for the task like a driver for example. They also manipulated the product to look for any mistakes or defects. On this line there were several humanoids performing the assembly and one human performing a quality control check at the end.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
So this thing has the same rights as a human...
If it goes AWOL, learns anger, obtains a weapon and shoots someone,and is convicted at trial, what drug will we use during the execution to minimize trauma before the battery is pulled?
A robot cannot have human rights. Stupid.

It won't have the same rights as a human. They said it will have the same rights as a woman. Big difference. It will have the same rights as a dishwashing machine or a vacuum cleaner. Like a woman when they get tired of it they can just throw it away.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
And the video seemed extremely scripted and makes me think just how much of the "intelligence" this robot has in its responses vs. how many responses were simply programmed in, waiting for a specific question to be asked.

Google some of the other interviews where she is free range...

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/inter...-humans-2017-11

Saw one of her creator explaining how most of the onboard IT is visual/auditory, and that the thinking for responses is cloud based.

A "learning" on one robot gets into the cloud, and all connected units therefore know it...reckons hes a few years away from his version of the singularity.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: PimTac
In that video the humanoids were able to pick power tools for the task like a driver for example. They also manipulated the product to look for any mistakes or defects. On this line there were several humanoids performing the assembly and one human performing a quality control check at the end.

I saw another video of this guy riding on an ATV.

The robot is being given citizenship, to replace the citizens who have lost their citizenship for being anything other than Wahabi.

Come on guys...yes I've got Points of View on the Irony of this too, but can we steer away from that ?

It's both technically interesting and a touch scary...doesn't have to be R/S though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back