OEM matte paint dent leaving a red spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was at a mate house’s, around his brand new bike (Ducati Supersport S) and my wedding ring left a dent in the fuel tank paint :

You can see it on the right of the flash reflection. Yes, the little reddish blurry spot.

Beside any judgement, is there a proper way to roll this back ?

Last edited:
Well the old school trick was to take the tank off and pressurize it with air until the dents popped out. I highly doubt that will help on that tiny dent and maybe tanks are even too strong nowadays. So you're probably super hosed because it's a matte finish, too
frown.gif

Lots of issues with this one, the decals don't like heat so heat and dry ice are out. Take it to a PDR guy who knows his stuff, there are a few options inc vacuum pump, hot glue stick, etc to gently wiggle and massage the ding out without damage.
Don't try this at home, there is no redo on this, its a one shot deal but it can be done so no one could ever tell

I explained it the wrong way. It’s more a scratch in the white paint than a dent. See between the arrows:

Out of curiosity I wanna know why underneath the matte white finish, there’s some red paint... apparently all recent white Ducatis are painted like thatzz

Forget it, there is nothing you can do without making it worse, Do not attempt rubbing compound or cleaner wax, consider it a battle nick.

Originally Posted By: Superflan
Hi,

You can see it on the right of the flash reflection.

Isn't it actually left of the flash reflection?

Or is it right side if you are in Australia?

This is why I hate hanging around married men.
grin.gif

That and their wives are usually annoying. Unless of course by wives you mean plural. Then it gets interesting again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back