A fight at Walmart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I were walking into WM. We got just past the checkouts when we heard a bunch of commotion. Saw several young adults fighting about 30ft from us. Suddenly a dozen or so people came out from nowhere and shoved the fighters out into the parking lot. A couple of pushers were the checkout ladies. I guess the rest were some sort of WM security.

I grabbed my wife and we ran to the sporting goods section. I figured baseball bats and BB guns were our best tools in case things got real stupid. Waited there a few minutes. No noise over the intercom and regular customers were doing their shopping so I went to go look and everything up front was back to normal.

One the fighters even had the double baby stroller. Great parents I am sure LOL.

Unfortunately this is not a problem that happens just at Wally World. Just turn on the evening news. It's a crazy world.

Just warming up for Black Friday!!
crazy.gif

I'm picturing you hiding behind a Huffy, with an empty pellet gun in one hand and a wiffle ball bat in the other. [censored] were you going to do if things got real stupid???

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
I'm picturing you hiding behind a Huffy, with an empty pellet gun in one hand and a wiffle ball bat in the other.
Heck no. I was getting ready to pump that Daisy red rider all the way up!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
crazy.gif

Bingo, I won't go near that place on Black Friday. A few years back our local WMT made the news, an employee was trampled to death opening the store on Black Friday morning. When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was our local WMT again. A sad sign of the times.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I'm picturing you hiding behind a Huffy, with an empty pellet gun in one hand and a wiffle ball bat in the other.

Perfect answer! hahaha!

Better grab some eye protection as well. Those things will put your eye out!
whistle.gif

We have 4 Wal Marts here in Lincoln and I am less than a mile away from 1 of them. My wife and I go there maybe 3-4 times per year max and usually early in the AM 7-10:00 AM that is the best time to go to avoid idiots. Walmart may not feature the very bottom of the gene pool but from time to time you can see it from there, as the following will attest. This lady knocked herself out of the running for citizen of the year , but she did win "Moron of the Month" http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...ticle-1.2000355

Coming through Sea-Tac airport a few weeks ago after being out of country for a while and there was an argument going on in the Customs area.

I was thinking of heading back to Tokyo.

crazy.gif

They know practice makes perfect
eek.gif

Last edited:
I welcome any response / reaction to what say.....

Without RSP my comment is.

The acceptable ignorance / anger component of our "24 hour news / political / social garp" has poisoned us.

An increasing number of us are becoming slobs.

It is metastasizing throughout our lives.

Heaven help us.

Sorry to be a bummer or even a know it all. You know what I mean.

Yeah, there have always been tough times and low-lives but things are different....uglier.....more frequent.

Plot twist: It was BITOG members fighting over an ever scare jug of Pennzoil UP and not meth heads fighting over frozen mystery animal parts.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
crazy.gif

Bingo, I won't go near that place on Black Friday. A few years back our local WMT made the news, an employee was trampled to death opening the store on Black Friday morning. When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was our local WMT again. A sad sign of the times.

People are so friggin ridiculous. And all over a lousy sale. I certainly hope the people who trampled the employee to death faced the repercussions for that.

If there's ever a major food shortage in this country, I'd hate to see how people act then.

My wife and I were walking into WM. We got just past the checkouts when we heard a bunch of commotion. Saw several young adults fighting about 30ft from us. Suddenly a dozen or so people came out from nowhere and shoved the fighters out into the parking lot. A couple of pushers were the checkout ladies. I guess the rest were some sort of WM security.

I grabbed my wife and we ran to the sporting goods section. I figured baseball bats and BB guns were our best tools in case things got real stupid. Waited there a few minutes. No noise over the intercom and regular customers were doing their shopping so I went to go look and everything up front was back to normal.

One the fighters even had the double baby stroller. Great parents I am sure LOL.

Next time, rush to the sporting goods area. Shotguns, machetes and knives are better than BB guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back