View through oil filler cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a borescope and have been playing around with it. I snagged a pair of pictures of my '05 Impala through the fill hole. I also got a picture of my '17 Elantra, but it is nothing out of the ordinary. Clean as any new car should be. I did notice that the Impala was pretty clean, with a bit of varnish on the valve cover. I'm curious as to why it would build up there but not down below. Anyways, I don't think it looks too bad for a 12 year old, 124k mile vehicle. What say you?

looks good. The e-bay site that sold my borescope made a big deal about how if the purchaser stuck the thing up some narrow body orifice, they would not take it back!
grin.gif

The reason why you see varnish up top is because it's a high heat area with crank case gases and the lighter evaporated parts of the oils go to bake. The rest gets throughly splashed with oil constantly so it's a bit cooler and nothing is able to really stick.

Those pictures look fine. Can you share the name of the scope you bought? I'm in the market for one, and those pictures look pretty good. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Those pictures look fine. Can you share the name of the scope you bought? I'm in the market for one, and those pictures look pretty good. Thanks.

Sure thing. Here's the LINK to the scope which I bought off of Amazon. I like it well enough, especially for the money. My only complaint is that it connects via wifi. I would've liked to have one that connects through Bluetooth, but those seem to cost a lot more money.

Originally Posted By: JustN89
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Sure thing. Here's the LINK to the scope which I bought off of Amazon. I like it well enough, especially for the money. My only complaint is that it connects via wifi. I would've liked to have one that connects through Bluetooth, but those seem to cost a lot more money.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back