ACDelco PF64 - pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was on my ATS, maybe 300km. They dealer put the wrong oil in the ATS so I swapped it out, hence the mileage on the filter.

I'll admit, I used to be a big filter snob, and probably still am. I wasn't expecting much from an ACDelco.

However, this is a really well made filter. Pleats were tight and strong all around up to the seam.

ADBV was pliable, the can was quite thick. Overall it was heavy and held a lot of oil.

Looks like a wix design with the top end bypass. Can anyone confirm the manufacturer of this filter?

If GM really does have a 22 psi bypass on this filter, is there an aftermarket equivalent?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/twpjd1nojr5jcvc/AAAM7D38_2pprMmcCCPsWtN_a?dl=0

Looks good, thanks for c&p
smile.gif

My last 4 oil changes I've uses acdelco ph64's on my 2.5L ecotec. Cut open each one and they have looked perfect. Im on my last one right now i got off rockauto. Next 2 oil changes will be with napa golds.

It's a Champ Labs made filter. Thread end bypass a Champ design found on some M1 filter applications. Also circular compression spring a Champ Labs design. Afaik Champ makes all ACDelco OFs including the factory filter.

y'all are jugging (jogging, juggling... errr.. you know what I mean) my memory.

That center tube is classic Champs.

Any comments on the 22psi bypass of this filter? I counted the pleats and there are **52 pleats** on this filter. That's a lot of media area regardless of whether it's a depth media or not. I suspect the XG10060 that's on there now has maybe half of that.

This is the exact filter that comes on my 2018 Corvette and I plan on running it for future oil changes, at least as long as it's under warranty. I can get them for around $6.50 at Walmart when I travel to the US (Canadian Walmarts stopped carrying AC Delco years ago, and the dealer charges way too much) Does anyone know of a cheaper source for them? (not that $6.50 is going to break the bank, but if I found out someone else has it for $4 I'd definitely go there instead)

Originally Posted By: Patman
This is the exact filter that comes on my 2018 Corvette and I plan on running it for future oil changes, at least as long as it's under warranty. I can get them for around $6.50 at Walmart when I travel to the US (Canadian Walmarts stopped carrying AC Delco years ago, and the dealer charges way too much) Does anyone know of a cheaper source for them? (not that $6.50 is going to break the bank, but if I found out someone else has it for $4 I'd definitely go there instead)

By a Cadillac and they'll throw them in for free for 4 years, including all regular maintenance
grin.gif

When that runs out I'll run across the border and pick them up as you suggested.

I haven't shopped for them, but I've heard members get them dirt cheap at RockAuto.

I miss those days when our Walmarts had them. Are there any independents there that sell them? We have at least one here that does, but I haven't checked the AC pricing. They also sell Wix, and I get a jobber rate, so it's all good.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Originally Posted By: webfors
y'all are jugging (jogging, juggling... errr.. you know what I mean) my memory.

Like this?

LOL

Originally Posted By: Garak

I miss those days when our Walmarts had them. Are there any independents there that sell them? We have at least one here that does, but I haven't checked the AC pricing. They also sell Wix, and I get a jobber rate, so it's all good.

I haven't checked in a while, but I remember back a few years ago when I did, their pricing was not even close to reasonable. I really wish Walmart still sold them here, I remember they sold them for just $3!

This filter was on my ATS, maybe 300km. They dealer put the wrong oil in the ATS so I swapped it out, hence the mileage on the filter.

I'll admit, I used to be a big filter snob, and probably still am. I wasn't expecting much from an ACDelco.

However, this is a really well made filter. Pleats were tight and strong all around up to the seam.

ADBV was pliable, the can was quite thick. Overall it was heavy and held a lot of oil.

Looks like a wix design with the top end bypass. Can anyone confirm the manufacturer of this filter?

If GM really does have a 22 psi bypass on this filter, is there an aftermarket equivalent?

What was the WRONG oil, and what did you swap it out with?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

What was the WRONG oil, and what did you swap it out with?

The work order showed a legacy part number that I tracked down as 0w20 full syn. However the Service Manager investigated and confirmed with me that they only use D1G2 full syn 5w30 in my engine. They switched over to D1G2 a couple of months ago and that part number on my work order doesn't exist any longer. So it was a 'clerical error'.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4573207/1

So what are your thoughts on the 22psi bypass spec? The PF64 has *52 pleats*. I can't imagine the XG10060 having more flow capabilities with half the pleats to compensate for a 9-12psi bypass.

I'm thinking I should get the PF64 back on there and take the up on their offer to swap the oil out again as a result of the 'clerical error'.

I haven't checked in a while, but I remember back a few years ago when I did, their pricing was not even close to reasonable. I really wish Walmart still sold them here, I remember they sold them for just $3!

Yes, when I was a broke student, that was a great alternative to a $7 FL1A on the old LTD. Those were the only two readily available filters with ADBVs for my car back then.

Maybe see if you can get a jobber price somewhere. I really haven't checked the AC price at that one supplier, because, like I said, they also carry Wix at a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back