Caprice got injured. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Came out of the grocery store to find a cart laying on it's side at near the front passenger fender of the Caprice.

Some people's kids.
frown.gif

I will just get if fixed. I don't understand people.

It's tough to judge the picture because of all the reflections. If the paint is not cracked at all, consider paintless dent removal. These guys are amazing!

+1 for PDR, even if the paint is scratched down to metal. Then you have a body shop do the paint. But at least you won't have filler in the panel. From the location of it, should be easy for PDR. You can go on yelp and fill in the search for Paintless Dent Repair. Don't ask the body shop their opinion of PDR for it because it means less money for them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doitmyself
It's tough to judge the picture because of all the reflections. If the paint is not cracked at all, consider paintless dent removal. These guys are amazing!

A few small scratches which will buff out. I am going to try them on Monday. Had them do some stuff on the WS6 and Truck and I was pretty amazed.

I hate when people are inattentive to their shopping carts. I yelled at a couple kids who pushed a cart in a parking lot and I had to run to keep it from hitting a really nice Back to the Future Toyota pickup. I yelled at the kids and saw their parents and yelled that the parents didn't hit their kids enough when they were younger.

Nice thing about Aldi and a nicer grocery store around here that has pull up service. Which helps keep shopping cart problems to a minimum.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
My car would be at the far left somewhere. Away from the front of the store where everybody else parks.

aerial-view-of-parking-lot-abstract-E77E31.jpg

I try to park in the middle of nowhere and usually come out to someone in a total beater parked right next to me.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
My car would be at the far left somewhere. Away from the front of the store where everybody else parks.

I try to park in the middle of nowhere and usually come out to someone in a total beater parked right next to me.

Always happens to me too.

Ditto.

I have found that the people who like to park close to the entrance usually don't care to respect others' belongings.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Always happens to me too.

Yeah, I don't know why they do that, happens to me too.

It called jellousy. They think that you think your car is "too good" to park next to regular cars. So that pull their pos next to yours out of spite.

Used to work at a grocery store, saw it every day.

Last edited:

Agreed. You still need to be careful of slope in some of these lots.

I always park my Acura in the distant. My GF [censored] about it but, I just dont trust other people. My deceased Aunt Linda always use to say, "park your car/truck right next to new vehicles at any time possible!" Theres no guarantee with that neither.

Now that the snowbirds are all here in South FL even left field is packed with vehicles. I still park far way and try to find a nice vehicle like a Escalade to park next to but before I could get back I generally find a beat up 20 year vehicle next to me with their grocery cart smack next to me.

That sucks, I hate when people do stuff like that and not leave any info.

I go to Arizona State University and the other week I was sitting in my Jeep when someone tried to park to the left of the car that was to the left of me. They hit it and it rocked back and forth. They then backed up and were taking off in the parking garage! I threw the Jeep in reverse and squealed the tires and chased after them and got their plate number and called campus police. Also left a note on the car that got hit and they called me that night and thanked me.

Also found a nice chunk of paint missing on the RR door on my Sonata when I waxed it yesterday.

When it's a close parking spot, I put my hand between their door and the edge of my door when getting in and out so I don't scratch their car.

German supermarkets and stores that use carts have the answer to this, I can say about every Euro country. You insert a 1 Euro coin or token to release the cart from the one before it and get your money back when you plug it back into one when your done.
If you don't do it someone will be more than happy to return it for you and get the money.

Stores in the US are afraid of alienating fat lazy slobs who don't give a rats rear but if every store did it everyone wins.

One of the main reasons I got rock rails on my Liberty. Protects from door dings if someone happens to park next to me in no man's land. Always get an end spot and always far away, but sometimes you can't control the stupidity of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back