Got the Hot Rod "Bug" What do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that you obviously care about others opinions of it, not just your own. That right there indicates you want a show off vehicle.
I think the car is awesome and the money thing needs to be looked at with realisim. It's a lot easier to afford a $42K car making 100K a year than it is buying a new Camry/Fusion/Malibu/Loaded Civic at $24K making 50K a year. But seriously, those cars are going away because the looming 2025 EPA fuel economy requirements. If you want a new gas powered V8 anything, the era is coming to an end. I totally respect that car BTW!

Do a search in Autotrader.com for cars and do it priced in reverse, in other words, $40,000 is the highest price. Just to see what you might be able to purchase with those $.
I usually find it an eye opener - like lightly used Corvettes, newer GT 'stangs.....etc.

Looks like a decent car, but its very expensive, Id go look for CPO or demo one. I also think youre in for a crazy depreciation for 10-15 years before people appreciate this car and that there probably wont be anything like it then.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
But seriously, those cars are going away because the looming 2025 EPA fuel economy requirements. If you want a new gas powered V8 anything, the era is coming to an end.

WHAT?!?
No more Corvettes?
No more Camaros?
No more Mustangs?

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
But seriously, those cars are going away because the looming 2025 EPA fuel economy requirements. If you want a new gas powered V8 anything, the era is coming to an end.

WHAT?!?
No more Corvettes?
No more Camaros?
No more Mustangs?

They will be there because of demand.
Maybe still V8 powered with very sophisticated fuel management. Likely all aluminum by then.
Maybe even E85 fueled to skirt "gas mileage" regulations, after much petitioning and subsequent donations to various organizations and officials to modify the verbage on the regulations to exempt alternative fuels in the CAFE average.
Don't forget that a -10w0 will effectively increase MPG another 16% over a 0w5. :)
OTOH, it could be the late seventies all over again. Sexy bodies, anemic 3 and 4 cylinders.
A hole in the floorboard and Fred Flintstone callouses can get you a long way as well.

Last edited:
Need parts? Call Holden in Australia.....oh wait, they're shut down for good or soon to be.
Look for a Caddy CTS-V.

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Way , way too much money ! :-(

Well, he did say about possibly getting an 11K discount. Honestly if you can afford it and want it, why not!?

Yes 20% off on all SS sedans right now. Great car! I bought mine during 25% off sale last year at Classic Chevy Texas. Will there be another 4dr V8 415hp 6spd manual muscle car available for less than $39,000?

Never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back