Valvoline's new Tought Rugged looking jug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennzoil jugs were known to leak, not very tough at all. Maybe their new jugs handle the shipping and stocking better?

Any improvement to a jug is a plus in my book. Toughness plus secure packaging to foil those who game the system. Oil varmints is a good name for them.

Last edited:
I see they must of changed the name too. No longer says synpower, instead it says full synthetic then farther down 'advanced'

It's not often that you get this view of a jug.

8f9d5fba-668e-4fb4-8589-16b59a67015f_1.c8918cc5981157432acc46fa60344557.png

Interesting cap design on these. They have a foil inner seal with a pull tab, clear cap so you can see the seal is intact, and a built in pour spout.

The new labeling is easy for consumers to pick the correct oil they want versus the Pennzoil labels that look alike within their different products.

The new Valvoline jugs seem to have taken a page from the German designers over at Ravenol. Lots of strategic grippy spots and ridges to assist with two hand pours.

I like the new styles.

Ever since that one member here unknowingly purchased a Supertech jug full of water, it's good to be extra cautious. I've even opened the jugs myself before purchase just to make certain they are (were) unopened. Heck, I've even seen used oil on jugs and oil filter boxes..

It's really hard for me not to come across as an [censored], but i try to give them to the nearest auto associate and politely tell them what I found. If myself or someone else accidentally bought one of these things, they would think we were trying to pull the fast one during the return.

Sad times we live in, but it's good to double check stuff.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
The new labeling is easy for consumers to pick the correct oil they want versus the Pennzoil labels that look alike within their different products.

The new Valvoline jugs seem to have taken a page from the German designers over at Ravenol. Lots of strategic grippy spots and ridges to assist with two hand pours.

Reminded me of Ravenol too with all the weird curves, lines, and unnecessary ridges. Looks pretty cool though

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Who cares about a "rugged & tough" looking jug. I'm more interested in the product inside the jugs.

The average Joe? Bitogers may not give a squat about the looks of a jug as long as the oil is top notch, but let's be real, people tend to judge the book buy its cover - in this case, by the jug.

Picked up a pair of those new nice looking jugs when I was in the US last month. Up here in Canada, it’s still SynPower and the older style jugs.

The new VFS is Dexos Gen 2 approved, if that matters to anyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back