Nebraska 14 Minnesota 40 (Last time I looked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cornhuskers are being thrashed by the worst team in the Big Ten. No, let me restate that. Nebraska is getting trounced by the second worst team in the Big Ten. We have high school quarterbacks who look better than Lee And 97,000+ fans in Memorial Stadium will have nothing to be thankful for the day after Thanksgiving when Iowa comes to Lincoln. Hey there Ohio, how about we steal Solich from you.New AD last month, new coach in December. Bo or Bill need not apply. We are desperate but not that desperate.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Bo or Bill need not apply. We are desperate but not that desperate.

Give it time and you'll be wanting him back also. There's quite a few Bo haters who are now biting their tongue.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Bo or Bill need not apply. We are desperate but not that desperate.

Give it time and you'll be wanting him back also. There's quite a few Bo haters who are now biting their tongue.

LOL! Nebraska ain’t the “big red monster” anymore and neither is Ohio State
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Heck you guys lost to NIU AND Northwestern and Wisconsin! SMH
Yow, yow, everyone jump in. We have high school teams that look better. If we cooked with gas I'd stick my head in the oven. I too would like to see one of those NU/ OU games of yesteryear. Those were historic games between schools who valued the match up. I'll wager there are some who can remember the NU marching band playing the opponent's fight song.

I do not own a tv or watch games, but do listen to games on the radio most of the time. Never thought I would tune out of a husker game, but I had heard enough and switched to a station that was carrying Nebraska Wesleyan vs Wartburg college. My interest in listening to NU getting blown out is pretty well at zero. If Riley had any self respect he would resign tonight and the AD would not have to fire him. Make Parella the interim coach for the next 2 games and open up every single first string position up for grabs. NU is not even close to being competitive any more. Let not your heart be troubled as only 2 more behind the woodshed [censored] whoopings remain and then this nightmare NU season will be over. The 2 million $$ per year Riley experiment will soon be over.

Originally Posted By: car51
Heck you guys lost to NIU AND Northwestern and Wisconsin! SMH
Yow, yow, everyone jump in. We have high school teams that look better. If we cooked with gas I'd stick my head in the oven. I too would like to see one of those NU/ OU games of yesteryear. Those were historic games between schools who valued the match up. I'll wager there are some who can remember the NU marching band playing the opponent's fight song.

Better recruiting is a answer
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BJD78
I do not own a tv or watch games, but do listen to games on the radio most of the time. Never thought I would tune out of a husker game, but I had heard enough and switched to a station that was carrying Nebraska Wesleyan vs Wartburg college. My interest in listening to NU getting blown out is pretty well at zero. If Riley had any self respect he would resign tonight and the AD would not have to fire him. Make Parella the interim coach for the next 2 games and open up every single first string position up for grabs. NU is not even close to being competitive any more. Let not your heart be troubled as only 2 more behind the woodshed [censored] whoopings remain.
I hear you BJ.We WILL have something to be thankful for come the 23rd. The season is finally over. We aren't going to a bowl game to show off how bad we are on a national hookup. Mike follows Bo, Bill and Frank into the sunset. Actually, I think Riley is a very good coach and an upstanding gentleman. I just don't understand why Nebraska is SOoooo bad at fundamentals. Someone please tell me what we are doing wrong.

Being PSU I know how you feel. I hope you can resurrect your program I was excited to see Nebraska enter the B10. Not so much Rutgers and Maryland.
smirk.gif
But it is what it is. B10 is the IMO the best academic conference. All research schools. Is Scott Frost gonna get the job? I am guessing yes.

I just don't understand why Nebraska is SOoooo bad at fundamentals. Someone please tell me what we are doing wrong.

He needs to fire coaches..plain and simple. JoePa would never get rid of coaches. Franklin fired O co-ordinator and Line Coach 2 years ago bc of problems like yours.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Being PSU I know how you feel. I hope you can resurrect your program I was excited to see Nebraska enter the B10. Not so much Rutgers and Maryland.
smirk.gif
But it is what it is. B10 is the IMO the best academic conference. All research schools. Is Scott Frost gonna get the job? I am guessing yes.
I think NU will invest big time in Geritol (vintage 1950) and bring Tom back.

I'm glad UCONN got rid of Head Coach Bob Diaco after an absurd and clownish 3 yrs. Good luck with him Huskers as you Defense Coordinator. What great things he did at Notre Dame seems to have disappeared.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
I'm glad UCONN got rid of Head Coach Bob Diaco after an absurd and clownish 3 yrs. Good luck with him Huskers as you Defense Coordinator. What great things he did at Notre Dame seems to have disappeared.
I think Riley is gone by end of year and probably most of the guys he has brought in. NU football, Creighton basketball and the local sports teams are a very big part of life here. How else can a stadium out in the middle of flyover country be filled with 97,000 fans game after game, year after year? Come Friday after Thanksgiving, a large part of the 97,000 supporters will be gone by halftime as we will see a repeat of yesterday with Minnesota. The "ebb and flow of human misery" that Sophocles heard long ago on the Aegean.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
Should have never left the Big 12....Boomer.
Right Those OU/NU games were wonderful. We see Barry Switzer in Nebraska quite often . I think he and Tom Osborne hold each other in high regard. It was such a memorable match up. We usually got our lunch sacked but the games were always exciting just because it was the Sooners and the Cornhuskers. My regards to all Sooners. Born in Tahlequah
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back