All Nippon Airways service on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have flown with ANA for 4 years now. The cabin service comes across as top notch and super efficient. Some things are surprising though.

During one of the meal services I asked for coffee. ANA has great coffee. It wasn’t done yet but they assured me I would be first to get a fresh cup. That is how it happened too. Somehow I must have had a coffee notation on a passenger profile somewhere because since that time , with each meal service, I am asked if I want coffee now. No one else around me is asked that question and no, I am not traveling on special status. These are not the same cabin attendants either.

Do airlines keep such notations on passenger for menial requests like that?

Originally Posted By: pbm
Sounds like 'profiling'....not good....J/K...

+1

Not much harm in knowing what a customer wants, though.

I can see keeping some info like a passenger is diabetic or along that line. In fact you can enter that info yourself on their website. Same as choosing meals like halal or vegan for example.

Just like Marriot. Do you want feather pillows? You can make that a ongoing request. In this case I didn’t make such a request for coffee. In any case, the service was great for economy.

If you're a frequent flier, they may have a profile. Great customer service, IMO.

Read somewhere not to drink coffee on a flight, something about the coffee machines rarely get cleaned out and the water used has probably been sitting on the plane for weeks if not months
31.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Read somewhere not to drink coffee on a flight, something about the coffee machines rarely get cleaned out and the water used has probably been sitting on the plane for weeks if not months
31.gif

I might expect that on some US domestic carriers I won’t name. They can’t even clean the seats and tray tables between flights let alone the coffee maker

Years ago when I traveled a lot with my job a bunch of us business travelers voted TWA for having the worst smelling toilets. It was a consistent performance across their whole network.

PSA in California was the best at having a clean airplane, on time and great service. No other airline was even close. It was a sad day when they closed down operations.

31.gif

where does the coffee water come from?
from bottles- then ok/

from planes tank then NOT OK.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I have flown with ANA for 4 years now. The cabin service comes across as top notch and super efficient. Some things are surprising though.

During one of the meal services I asked for coffee. ANA has great coffee. It wasn’t done yet but they assured me I would be first to get a fresh cup. That is how it happened too. Somehow I must have had a coffee notation on a passenger profile somewhere because since that time , with each meal service, I am asked if I want coffee now. No one else around me is asked that question and no, I am not traveling on special status. These are not the same cabin attendants either.

Maybe you're the only 'Murican face in a sea of Japanese on the ANA flight?

But I agree, JAL gets all the credit but I have never had a complaint about ANA.

Good to know that there are airlines one can take to Asian destinations that offer good cabin service even to those in the back of the bus.
I can think of a couple that don't.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Originally Posted By: PimTac

Maybe you're the only 'Murican face in a sea of Japanese on the ANA flight?

But I agree, JAL gets all the credit but I have never had a complaint about ANA.

The passengers were a variety of cultures. My guess would be around 20-30% Japanese passengers. This flight gets a lot of different people because they come from other destinations. Americans were around 40% or more looking at the customs lines.

31.gif

Being in the aviation industry, both would be hard to believe.

The former is just laziness or under-staffing...

But the latter is actually directed in service manuals. I doubt anyone is willing to risk a fine by the FAA over a few gallons of water. ANYTIME any aircraft comes in for a "C" or "D" check, all the fluid are all flushed out (except hydraulics and engine oils, those are on their own separate and VERY STRICT regime)

Originally Posted By: Linctex
31.gif

Being in the aviation industry, both would be hard to believe.

The former is just laziness or under-staffing...

But the latter is actually directed in service manuals. I doubt anyone is willing to risk a fine by the FAA over a few gallons of water. ANYTIME any aircraft comes in for a "C" or "D" check, all the fluid are all flushed out (except hydraulics and engine oils, those are on their own separate and VERY STRICT regime)

My question for you is, for a plane's potable water holds is there any effort to sanitize them when an plane goes in for a it's A checks or that most airlines use bottled/canned water for galley service and the potable water tanks are used for the lavs?

ANA best service of any airline I've been on. Have seen stories like that many times. They seem to know your name, how many drinks you've had, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back