Any specs on 2017 Powerstroke fuel filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've often wondered if there was some kind of way that oil, air and fuel filters could be tested by some kind of low budget practical scheme.

There's a guy on YouTube that does a series of practical tests on different subjects and maybe his approach directed toward filter performance might help considering the lack of published specs available.

I know this episode is not filters, it's his approach to testing I'm referring to.

The 2015 filter was two different pieces. Wonder if the 2017 is also.

I just go with Ford OEM. Buy on Amazon. With the frequency you buy them, not a big ticket item on a per mile or year basis.

Originally Posted By: Donald

I just go with Ford OEM. Buy on Amazon. With the frequency you buy them, not a big ticket item on a per mile or year basis.

It’s still two pieces,just the seperator is different.Amazon has them,but they are third party sellers.I am just curious what the micron rating and water seperating capability are.

Originally Posted By: Redland1

It’s still two pieces,just the seperator is different.Amazon has them,but they are third party sellers.I am just curious what the micron rating and water seperating capability are.

If you find any water in the separator, you got [censored] fuel.

Originally Posted By: Redland1

If you find any water in the separator, you got [censored] fuel.

Yeah,but it does happen.I had a transfer tank that was not sealed right around the pump threads and water got into it during a heavy rain.Wif light went on on my 13’ Duramax a few times during a long haul.Drained water water out of it a few times.acording to the ford forums if the light comes on it’s too late.so I don’t know if the ford filter is just junk or what because the duramax just got traded in at 306k with the stock cp4 after having water several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back