Slip 2000 gun care products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use these? Any good? On paper their CLP looks better then Breakfree and their 4 ball wear scar was .56 vs .8 for Breakfree. What does this mean?

Originally Posted By: GeorgeKaplan
I have currently settled on Slip 2000 EWL and ALG Ultra Thin Grease for all my weapons.

I recommend both highly! But because I'm outdoors a-lot with my pistols, I use Breakfree Collector in my pistol bores. It's a sealer for added anti-rust protection.

I've got a bunch of the stuff laying around that I bought on sale some time back. I'll use it up, but I really don't think it's any better or worse than most of the other, "gun lubes" currently on the market. For years I used mostly Mobil 1 20W-50, along with Mobil 1 Synthetic Grease. Both are good products. But I've switched to Weapon Shield oil and Lithium Grease because I've found it seems to stay put better. Especially on hot parts on AK-47's and AR-15's.

I'm not very sensitive when it comes to firearm lubricants. Because I honestly don't think one is really that much better than the other. At least in a way that can be proven with any degree of certainty. Weapon Shield has done a pretty good job in that department with their whole Falex / Timken Lubrication Tester. But even with that, you've got guys arguing the results aren't conclusive. But as we all know, on this forum guys will pretty much argue over ANYTHING to do with lubrication.

About the only type of lubrication I avoid like the plague is anything derived from a plant based ester. Products like "Fireclean" that is little more than Crisco Canola Oil. And "Frog Lube" that is nothing more than rebranded roller coaster track lubricant, will never see my weapons. I've seen too many guns that were completely gummed up from that bio degradable slop, that has the shelf life of a ripe tomato.

Great combination !
Originally Posted By: GeorgeKaplan
I have currently settled on Slip 2000 EWL and ALG Ultra Thin Grease for all my weapons.

Right on about the plant based esterlube products ... Lube turns to gummy junk in weapons stored in a safe fairly quickly for sure !!
Originally Posted By: billt460
I've got a bunch of the stuff laying around that I bought on sale some time back. I'll use it up, but I really don't think it's any better or worse than most of the other, "gun lubes" currently on the market. For years I used mostly Mobil 1 20W-50, along with Mobil 1 Synthetic Grease. Both are good products. But I've switched to Weapon Shield oil and Lithium Grease because I've found it seems to stay put better. Especially on hot parts on AK-47's and AR-15's.

I'm not very sensitive when it comes to firearm lubricants. Because I honestly don't think one is really that much better than the other. At least in a way that can be proven with any degree of certainty. Weapon Shield has done a pretty good job in that department with their whole Falex / Timken Lubrication Tester. But even with that, you've got guys arguing the results aren't conclusive. But as we all know, on this forum guys will pretty much argue over ANYTHING to do with lubrication.

About the only type of lubrication I avoid like the plague is anything derived from a plant based ester. Products like "Fireclean" that is little more than Crisco Canola Oil. And "Frog Lube" that is nothing more than rebranded roller coaster track lubricant, will never see my weapons. I've seen too many guns that were completely gummed up from that bio degradable slop, that has the shelf life of a ripe tomato.

I agree on the heavy ingredient, plant-based gun products. They can get sticky / gummy. in colder, wetter climates.

Is ALG Grease a predominate, plant-based product? Anyone know?

Last edited:
I've used Frog Lube (bought for almost nothing to try out) and have had very good results. I've never seen any kind of gumming or sticking whatsoever for years. If that happens, you're using WAY too much. You're supposed to wipe off any excess. Also, cleaning up after shooting has been a breeze. Everything just wipes off. Your mileage may vary, but I really like the stuff.

Valvoline Syn power 0W-20. Less filling / tastes great. I’ve got several firearm specific lubes, all pretty much a huge ripoff. I’ll probably buy some more.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I agree on the heavy ingredient, plant-based gun products. They can get sticky / gummy. in colder, wetter climates.

I'm not sure if this is the lubricant you are referring to. But if it is the answer is yes, it's a plant based lube. I wouldn't go near it. Especially for putting it on triggers of all things. I'm just not understanding the persistency in constantly trying to sell this kind of plant based slop for firearms. If anyone is that worried about the environment, go plant a tree somewhere.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/04/05/big-3-east-geisseles-new-spring-and-go-juice/

ALG lube is a bio (plant?) based lube. Also non-toxic.

ALG very thin 0000 grease says nothing about being bio based, and is not listed as non-toxic. It might be petroleum based.

I have been using the 0000 very thin grease for the past year, year and a half, and it is one of my favorite gun lubes as of right now. It has shown no signs of becoming gummy or breaking down. I really like it and I think most here would like it as well. It stays put, doesn't dry out, and a gun I lube today will still be lubed next year.

https://algdefense.com/alg-go-juice-grease-4-oz-430.html

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

ALG lube is a bio (plant?) based lube. Also non-toxic.

ALG very thin 0000 grease says nothing about being bio based, and is not listed as non-toxic. It might be petroleum based.

I have been using the 0000 very thin grease for the past year, year and a half, and it is one of my favorite gun lubes as of right now. It has shown no signs of becoming gummy or breaking down. I really like it and I think most here would like it as well. It stays put, doesn't dry out, and a gun I lube today will still be lubed next year.

https://algdefense.com/alg-go-juice-grease-4-oz-430.html

I'm buying some. Can I return it to you if it doesn't work?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back