Are Christmas shopping and ads occurring too early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kuato
YES!

However it's my understanding that some retailers depend on Christmas for 50% of their annual profits....so that's the why.

Edited by wwilson:
“Removed language”? WHAT language? Saying that Jesus is the reason for the season is NOT language. This is a thread related to shopping for CHRISTMAS which is inherently religious....so if there was a problem the thread should have been shut down at the start.

Tell you what, when you remove this language, cancel my account/ban me/whatever. Thanks to all the good people here, I have learned a lot and hopefully co tributed. See ya.

Ok I’m out.

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
Jesus is the reason for Christmas. I am right there with you Kuato, screw that mod. In before ban as well.
Actually, not really. Christmas is a stolen Pagan holiday, so, yeah.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Jesus is the reason for Christmas. I am right there with you Kuato, screw that mod. In before ban as well.

noun
noun: Christmas; plural noun: Christmases
the annual Christian festival celebrating [censored]'s birth, held on December 25 in the Western Church.

So yeah
wink.gif
without Jesus there would not be christmas. Regardless of the roots based in pagan traditions.

Last edited:
Jesus is the reason for Christmas. I am right there with you Kuato ...

thumbsup2.gif
I am with you as well. It's getting a bit ridiculous in this country when people cannot even say what Christmas means to them. I can remember there was a period of time when the Walmart employees at my local store couldn't even say "Merry Christmas" ... they were all saying "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings". And the trees had "Holiday Tree" on the boxes instead of "Christmas Tree". That was absolutely ridiculous. As far as I know, we all have freedom of speech and freedom of religion in this country.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
As far as I know, we all have freedom of speech and freedom of religion in this country.

31.gif
WRONG!!
07.gif

See, you were doing so good up until this last part. The freedom of speech and religion went out the door along with the Christmas tree labels and Walmart FORCING their employees to stop saying Merry Christmas. It's clear as day dude (if there's no chemtrails that day)

45.gif

Society has become so screwed up that folks don't want to offend some minority that might get their feelings hurt.
Tough.
The majority sets the rules.That's why we vote.
But now the loser pitches a fit and some will give in just to appease.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Oh not you again. I see you've cited the usual blather against Christmas. Most current Holidays of one type or another could be traced back to some errant observance or practice pre-dating the correct one. Christmas deniers are all about attacking it from any angle that doesn't jeopardize the materialism they worship.

So tell me, what term shall you have us change the word Holiday to, since it derives from Holy day, and thus validates a truth which you deny?

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

So tell me, what term shall you have us change the word Holiday to, since it derives from Holy day, and thus validates a truth which you deny?

Hence why These companies went with "Seasons Greatings" to further eliminate the use of the word Holiday.

....and that's why I removed what I did.

Lock time - we can't talk about religion, because it's such an emotional topic, it always ends up on a flame war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back