New, to us, 2017 Impala Premier with leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

irv

We just picked this car up Wednesday night and we absolutely love it! That aside, I am wondering what is the best product(s) to use to keep the interior, namely the leather seats, in great shape?
I forget the name of the forum I use to frequent, but I remember it being recommended to just use Woolite and water to clean. There was no need to treat the seats with any types of leather cleaners or conditioners, does anyone else do this only?

Also, what about the dash, guages, etc, what's some good products to use on those?

As far as waxes/polish go, I will most likely stick with what I happen to think is the best, and that is Collinite 845 Insulator wax. There may be better waxes/polish out there but I don't think any protect better nor last as long as Collinite 845 goes. It's great stuff, imo. https://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
V6? If yes.. im jealous..
smile.gif
Enjoy it! Id use a paint coating, easy to apply and durable. Worst case, do a coating and follow with a coat of 845.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
V6? If yes.. im jealous..
smile.gif
Enjoy it! Id use a paint coating, easy to apply and durable. Worst case, do a coating and follow with a coat of 845.

Yep, just purchased it. My wife wanted the 3.6 but I was leaning more to the 2.5 mainly due to the fact our 16 year old will be driving it but I am glad to say she won out.

I am not a big fan of paint coatings but it's been years since I looked into them. The Collinites acts like a coating and despite what the ad says, I say it lasts longer than 5 months. I simply love the stuff!

The leather is more of a personal preference. Conditioning once a year with regular wipe downs of the big junk should be fine.

Dash, gauges, display screen are probably easiest with a swiffer duster and a damp cloth. 409 works for bigger marks and won't leave a residue or hurt the dye.

Beautiful car! Had an LT V6 as a rental last year, those things are QUICK.

Thanks guys!
11.gif

We brought it home Wednesday night (Got it at a Ford dealer, if you can believe that) and we are on cloud 9. It is super smooth and quiet and rides like a dream. That 3.6 is sneaky fast too!
whistle.gif
We purchased this one used with only 20,000 km's on it (12,500 miles) and likely saved around $20,000 compared to new. This dealer had 4 of them, 3 black and 1 silver and we (should say my wife) chose Black.
My Father told me, which I wasn't aware of, and that is, the chassis/frame is the same one a Cadillac model uses. Oil change this week-end, hopefully, then new snowies/rims and undercoating next Friday. We are hoping to have this car a long while as we simply love it.

Nice looking car … Plus those are smooth and quiet … Zymol makes good leather products …

Consider investing in having the exterior nano coated. It's easiest when the car is new. You can call a few local detailers to get quotes.

How Nice!!!!!!
Kinda have a Sweet spot for the Impala's........Daddy had a 66 Impala SS and I learned to drive on a 72 Impala 2 door Hard-Top....
Lots of Luck and Enjoyment in you Impala.

Be happy you got the v6. I had a rental with the 2.5. It didn’t ruin it, but I can’t say it did the car justice. That and it really wasn’t that efficient with the 4. Seemed like I had to work the car hard to keep up with traffic.

Thanks guys.
11.gif

Hopefully tomorrow we have some time and some decent weather to get in and learn a thing or 2 about it. Picking it up Wednesday night and now with the time change, it hasn't left us much time at all to learn everything this car has to offer.
My wife has read a majority of the manual so she is eager to get in and get things set up to her liking. I am looking forward to going everything as well, mainly on the outside but mostly under the hood. I want to do an oil/filter change, change the engine air filter as well as the cabin air filter.
I think it will be too cold for a wash but I am hoping, in the sun, if it is not windy, it might just be warm enough to do that. I also have to set the tire pressure monitors as it gives us a warning and shows no air in the front 2 tires. I had the dealer replace the front drivers side tire/rim from another vehicle as the one on this car was scratched up a bit too much for my liking.
With all that being said, I might be in tough to get any of that done if my wife is out there playing too? She'll probably want to drive it after every adjustment she makes just to make sure she like them?
grin2.gif

I have a black 2007 Impala that is my everyday car and I really love it. Since I live in Texas trying to keep the interior looking nice is all about keeping the sunlight out. I have weather tech floor mats as I just cannot keep from bringing dirt into any vehicle and these have helped protect the interior carpet plus they are very easy to clean. I also have purchased a leather steering wheel cover that actually looks nice and protects the original steering wheel cover as it still looks new. I would just purchase a good quality cleaner and conditioner from Autogeek and apply every 3 months or at least every 6 months. You have a beautiful car!

The V6 Impala is an excellent car with a wonderful engine. I dislike the 4 cylinder version as it's down on torque and it really shows when the car is loaded up with 4 guys and bags and hills. Nice choice!

I use a small pail of warm water, with some dish soap like liquid dawn, and a washcloth. I clean leather by wetting a corner of the towel, and rubbing a 3 inch spot. Then wipe down with a clean/moist washcloth without soap on it. Then move on to the next section. It's a slow process, but it works incredibly well.

Remember, most American leather seats have a flexible clear coat on them. The soap and water routine is a perfect way to clean clear coated leather.

Last edited:
Woolite & water for the leather is still an excellent idea. 10 parts water to 1 part Woolite for regular cleaning, 6 to 1 for really dirty. Aerospace 303 for the dash & plastics or Surf City Dash Away. Neither leaves a glossy finish.

Very nice ride but black is indeed a full time job.

Originally Posted By: mctmatt
I have a black 2007 Impala that is my everyday car and I really love it. Since I live in Texas trying to keep the interior looking nice is all about keeping the sunlight out. I have weather tech floor mats as I just cannot keep from bringing dirt into any vehicle and these have helped protect the interior carpet plus they are very easy to clean. I also have purchased a leather steering wheel cover that actually looks nice and protects the original steering wheel cover as it still looks new. I would just purchase a good quality cleaner and conditioner from Autogeek and apply every 3 months or at least every 6 months. You have a beautiful car!

My last 3 vehicles, all trucks, had Weathertech floor mats but this time around I thought I would try Husky floor liners. I Googled and watched some vids and based on those I decided to give them a try this time. Mainly, I got that they cover a little bit better and what I really liked was the fact at the door sill, they actually came over that spot instead of just butting up to it. I also couldn't beat the price. They will delivered, front and back ones, all for $163 CDN. The weathertechs were easily going to cost me a $100 dollars more. I'll let you know when I receive them and what my thoughts are.

Also, (can't multi quote here?) thanks for the tips, info and the congratulations.
cheers3.gif
I am going to stick with Woolite and water for now, as like what was mentioned above, these leather seats are coated. Not a bad day out today, other than being on the cool side, so hopefully I can get around to getting some things done?

Thanks again, everyone!
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back