Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand: Taurus 92 9mm , because it was $250, & I won't cry if it's "seized as evidence" and I never see it again.
It is comfortable to shoot, reliable, and magazine capacity is very good.

Holster: because it is comfortable - many are NOT.
I have some that I need to sell, because I never use them.

Ammo: Winchester Silvertip, 147gr JHP -or- Winchester Ranger SXT, 147gr JHP
Accurate, Good ballistics and feeds well.

I had to decide on something...too many toys - choices. Reliable, ammo readily available, plenty of knockdown power.

XD40

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Brand: Taurus 92 9mm , because it was $250, & I won't cry if it's "seized as evidence" and I never see it again.

If you ever have a firearm "seized as evidence" by law enforcement, the least of your financial worries will be the cost of the gun you lost. Especially after you hear the cell door slam behind you.

Ruger LCP, .380 ACP with Hornady Critical Defense 90gr. ammo, Mikes' soft pocket type holster or ankle holster (can't recall the brand?). I used to carry a G23 (mid-size .40cal) but it's uncomfortable and not as easy to conceal, especially in warmer weather with less clothing. The LCP is so small that it's easy to conceal and not at all uncomfortable so I'm more inclined to wear it.

Last edited:
At the moment, I'm carrying a Ruger LCR .327 loaded with Speer 100 grain Gold Dots. I have a Desantis Intruder inside waist holster.
I only tend to carry if I'm carrying cash at a car show...?

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I don't. I feel no need to.

Never need it, until you do.

My EDC is a Glock 42 loaded with Precsion One's load of the Hornady XTP bullet carried in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster.
Why? Have you watched the news lately?

Originally Posted By: TOMJ
My EDC is a Glock 42 loaded with Precsion One's load of the Hornady XTP bullet carried in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster.
Why? Have you watched the news lately?

I am just interested in people's equipment. It might give me insight as to what I carry.

I always carry a Kahr CW380 in my back pocket, Recluse holster, with extra mag. Buffalo Bore +P's, 80 gr. TAC-XP.

As the situation warrants, I carry more stuff.

The Glock 42 is a smooth shooter and is comfortable to carry in my pants pocket. It even fits in the tank pouch on my motorcycle.

Originally Posted By: TOMJ
The Glock 42 is a smooth shooter and is comfortable to carry in my pants pocket. It even fits in the tank pouch on my motorcycle.

How do you find the OAL on that? That is one of the "longer"
smile.gif
.380's.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Originally Posted By: ZZman
I don't. I feel no need to.

Never need it, until you do.

LOL.. I do live in Canada but have traveled extensively through the USA for long periods of time.. and id agree in certain areas.. but I don't think I have ever "wished" i had a gun on me anyways..

What kinds of situations have you all been in where packing heat was "needed"? Dont get me wrong, I'm not anti guns, just curious on the mindset I suppose.

We just recently had a mass shooting at Wal-Mart here. We've also been the recipients of other school/mass shootings in the past few years(Aurora movie theatre, Arapahoe High School).
I go to school in Denver on the Auraria Campus. In addition to the possibility of a mass shooting in that situation(unlikely, but possible), it is a nice campus, surrounded by undesirables, that fairly consistently come on to campus, and assault/rob/arson etc.

The Glock 42 is just the right size for me. I was interested in the Ruger LCP but it was just too small and it was very hard to rack the slide. I also considered the Ruger LC9 but I didn't like the trigger pull.
The slightly larger size of the Glock 42 keeps it from being too snappy.

I carry different pistols as an EDC (only one at a time)

listed from small to large

Smith & Wesson Shield
Glock 26
1911 Colt Commander (My Favorite)
Glock 17

Holster list is to large to list

How do I decide? All depends on what clothes I am wearing. Where I will be and who is with me.

Ammo is almost always Federal HST

This is one of my favorites:

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 – Approximately 4:00 p.m.

ROBBERY BETWEEN KING CENTER AND PLAZA BUILDING

REPORTED OFFENSE: Auraria Campus Police are investigating a reported strong-arm robbery that occurred at approximately 4:00pm on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 (while the incident occurred yesterday, it was only recently reported to police). The victim reports that they were approached by an older male that appeared to be dressed similar to a Buddhist monk. The suspect proceeded to say “donation” and show them a sign that said “peace”, then grabbed the victim by the back of the neck and used force while asking for cash from the victim. A map showing the location of the alleged crime can be found here.

SUSPECTS: The suspect is described as an Asian male, 5’8”, in his 40’s with short black hair and a wrinkled face with a black mole. He was wearing an orange trench coat or robe, and a grey bucket hat. The suspect appears to have been present on campus with others in similarly-dressed clothing. Police have been unable to locate the suspect, but have received multiple reports of harassment from individuals that match this suspect’s description.

Gun: Springfield XD Subcompact in 9mm. Fits my hand like a glove, Good capacity but still small enough to easily carry concealed, Got a good price on it plus a bunch of free stuff, and the ambidextrous mag release is a plus since I'm left handed.

Holster: Blackhawk ARC. Inexpensive and it works well. Can't really ask for more than that. Plus it's ambidextrous, again a plus being a lefty because it's about impossible to walk into any brick and mortar store (LGS or Big Box) and purchase a left handed holster.

Ammo: Federal HST. Not only does Federal make good ammo, but they also just happen to make it right here in my hometown. Gotta support the local company.

Guns I carry

Winter Guns (Cause I live where you bundle up more for 5 months and can hide bigger guns)
Steyr M9 or Beretta PX4 in a High Noon Mister Softy holster. Both tend to be loaded with Underwood 124gr +p Bonded JHP ammo.
Auto Ordnance Thompson custom special in a High Noon Deep Concealment holster (15 degree forward cant). Loaded with Federal 45acp 230gr HST

Spring-early Fall guns
Bersa Thunder 380 in a High Noon Mister Softy with Hornady Critical Defense
Kahr P9 loaded with Underwood 124gr +p JHP ammo in a Badger Concealment holster

Why do I carry? Well when I was young I was a victim of violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back